Chapter 19

I hear Jessica's voice before I open eyes. "Becca. Can you hear me?"

I slowly peel my eyes open still feeling uneasy. "It's alright, you're alright. Come on sit up." Jess says in a calming way. It must be her bedside manner as a doctor.

Her hand guides me as I sit up on the bed. As the sheet falls I realize I am still naked. I gasp, pulling it back tightly around me.

"It's OK it just us. Just you and me and it's nothing I haven't seen or have myself." She chuckles lightly.

"What happened? I mean I remember falling asleep but why are you here?" I ask looking around at the empty bedroom.

"You didn't fall asleep Bec, you fainted. Johnathan couldn't wake you, he was terrified. He came running down the stairs in his boxers screaming." She started giggling. "He told me what happened. I mean...round of applause for sex so good you pass out." She starts clapping and I slap her hands.

"So what's wrong with me then?"

"Most likely dehydration mixed with rigourous exercise." She winks at me and takes me wrist in her hand. "Seriously probably nothing. Could also be the change in altitude, it can mess with your body." She pauses. "Or pregnancy..."

"Nope. Not pregnant, don't even joke."

She laughs. "Fine. I would still like you to go to the doctor when you get home though. I want to make sure you're blood pressure is OK."

"OK." She releases my wrist.

"Pulse is fine. Just drink water and rest. And no alcohol tonight, you need to hydrate."

"Ugh. Fine." I pout like a child and I don't care. "Is Johnathan still freaking out?"

She sighs. "No he's calmed down after I told him what I thought. Thomas agreed so he relaxed but my God, Bec. He was besides himself."

I gasp. "Wait. Did Thomas see me naked?!"

"No, are you kidding? You think Johnathan would let him see you like that, even if he is a doctor? No, no just based on what I told him. He knows it was sex induced though." She throws her head back laughing and I slap her thigh. "Ow!"

I fall back on the pillow and throw my arm over my face. "This is so embarrassing."

"Whatever, you're an adult, adults have sex. Suck it up. Besides Johnathan is pacing like a crazy person down there waiting for you to wake up."

I sit back up. "Oh Johnathan. I can't even imagine. Can you tell him to come up here? I'm not ready to go down there just yet."

"Of course. You need to eat. I'll have him bring you up dinner and lots of water. I mean it Bec, just when you think you can't drink any more, drink another glass. I'd give you an IV bag if I had one." She stands up and walks towards the door. She stops at the handle. "Oh and if you get nauseous let me know OK?" She winks.

I roll my eyes. "Will do. Thanks Dr. Johnson." She salutes me before walking out.

I fluff the pillows and lean back getting into a comfortable position, resting my eyes. About five minutes later Johnathan comes in holding a tray with a large bowl, baguette and three bottles of water.

"Becca." He says in a concerned tone. He places the tray on the night stand and strides over to me. He cups my face in his hands. "Are you alright? I was so worried. I honestly have never been so scared in my life, I had no idea what happened. And then you wouldn't wake up.." His voice cracked at the last part, breaking my heart.

"I know, it's OK, I'm OK. Jess said I'm fine. I'm gonna go to the doctor when we get back just to make sure but I'm fine." He kisses me, softly at first but then it intensifies and he starts kissing me more deeply. I could sense his urgency, his relief that I was alright. He pulls away slowly and looks me in the eyes.