Epilougue

Seven years later

The snow is lightly falling though the lightened grey sky. The trees are coated in fresh powder and the crackling of the fire can be heard behind me.

I sip my coffee, enjoying the quiet and the scenery in front of me. Everyone will be up soon, and it will be a chaotic scene of wrapping paper and toys in an hour or so but for now...for now this is perfect.

I glance at the fifteen foot tall tree in the corner and smile. I turned it on before sitting down, wanting to enjoy the glow. I love Christmas at the ranch. It's my favorite time of year.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs behind me but I can't make out who it is.

"Becca?" I hear Johnathan whisper through the dark.

"Over here hunny."

I hear his footsteps until he becomes illuminated by the tree and fire.

"Figured you were down here putting the presents under the tree." He kisses me before sitting on the couch next to me.

"Yeah. I planned on coming back to bed but I was wide awake. Wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet."

He chuckles and puts his arm around me. "Oh yeah. It's going to be loud in a few hours. I still can't believe we bought them the xbox. You know they aren't going to stop playing it for hours."

"I know but it's all they really wanted this year." I place my head on his shoulders.

"And you spoil them." He kiss the top of my head.

"So do you."

He chuckles. "Guilty. And our families don't help either. I think they will have twelve games after this is all said and done."

"Well then we just get extra mommy and daddy time."

He leans over and presses a kiss to my neck. "I like the sound of that."

He continues to kiss my neck until I turn and take his mouth with mine. "Mm you taste like hazlenut coffee." He pulls back. "How much have you had?"

"Relax. It's just this cup and its half caf."

He places his hand on my little baby belly. "Alright. Just making sure."

I roll my eyes. "Did you forget I was pregnant with the twins and Ellie before this?"

He rubs my belly slowly. "Of course not. You know I worry."

And he had every right to. Our twins, Jordan and Jaden, were breech and I had to have an emergency c-section. I was hemorrhaging and well, it was a really close call. Ellie was fine since she was scheduled and they could take all the necessary precautions but it nearly killed Johnathan. He goes out of his mind with worry sometimes for me and our new bundle.

"I know you do but you know I need the little coffee I'm allowed."

"I know. Speaking of, I'm going to go make myself some. Do you want anything?" He aks standing up.

"Ooh a chocolate croissant please and thank you."

He bends down to kiss the top of my head. "Of course. I'll be right back."

We sit for about another hour, talking and just enjoying each other when slowly but surely our families start to wake up. First it was Ellie who came down in her pink unicorn onsie, clutching on to her stuffed rabbit. Then the twins in their super hero pajamas, pushing each other with their feet on the couch and fighting for the remote.

My mother and father in law, Dan and Judith, came down shortly after the twins. Keith and Trish, Johnathan's brother and sister in law came down with our niece and nephew trailing behind them. Finally my sister and Thomas came down and it was time to open presents.