Ch 3. Friends

A/N Thanks so much to everyone reading this story. I really appreciate it -  I also appreciate feedback so please feel free to let me know what you like/don't like.  I'm not at all easily offended. I can't fix it if i don't know it's broken ;) 

__________________________

"So how'd it go?"

Scott was all smiles as he entered his apartment and plopped down on the couch next to his roommate. He was exhausted, both physically and mentally, but it was the happiest state of exhaustion he'd ever experienced.

"It was AMAZING!! You'll NEVER believe who works there - who I got to meet and who came to my class AND who bought me lunch!"

Zac made a face, his nose wrinkling.

"I can't believe anyone bought you anything, buddy, you smell like a locker room."

Scott hit him with a toss pillow and Zac laughed as he tried to block it with his hands.

"So WHO are the mystery persons or person"

Scott's grin widened. "Mitch Grassi"

"Oh, wwoooow! Did you scream and try to hump his leg?"

"Zac..." he rolled his eyes.

Zac was grinning cutely at Scott.  He was well aware of Scott's admiration for the man.  Hell, they had three black and white stills of Mitch Grassi mid motion hanging in their hallway.

"So you met him and he came to your class?"

"Not only did he COME to my class, but he took the class. He learned the dance with everyone else!!  Like a regular student!  It was soo weird and so amazing and..."

"Oh Mitch, he's sooo wonderful, I absolutely love him! " Zac cooed out in his best female voice impression.

"Shut up, dude, he's amazing." Scott pouted a bit because his roomy didn't seem to share the same enthusiasm as he did regarding the situation.

Zac just chuckled a bit at him.

"Ok, so how did you end up having lunch with him."

"He asked me. It was so surreal he just came over like we were friends and asked me to lunch. He was soooo easy to talk to and he answered all of my stupid questions and he even asked me questions like I'm interesting or something... and get this... We're having lunch again tomorrow!"

Zac's expression slid into a smirk. Scott was talking at top speed, his hands flying about in the air as he told his story.

"What?  What is that smirk for?"

"Scott, don't get tangled up in a crush."

"I do NOT have a crush on him."

Zac rolled his eyes.

"Oh, please. You didn't say one word about your classes except that Mitch was in one. All I've heard is Mitch Grassi this, Mitch Grassi that. Mitch and I had lunch and he's flawless. I love Mitch and we're gonna get married..."

"It's not like that."

A 'yeah right' look was directed his way.  A blush began to crawl up his neck.

"Zac, I'm serious."

"I'm serious too. I know you.  Remember when you met me? Oh Zac this, oh Zac that.  I loved you in High School Musical...let me bat my pretty eyelashes at you." he grinned at Scott

Scott's blush spread and deepened. His voice dropped to a bit of a whisper and his eyes moved to his lap "You were different..."

Zac laughed. "Scott, you've got that star struck look again."