Ch 16. After All

Scott was really too adorable for words. As soon as Mitch had left his bedroom after showering and getting dressed, the blonde had appeared right by his side.

He was super concerned about how swollen Mitch's ankle had become. He fussed over him, making sure he had taken his pain meds before helping him get situated, sitting sideways on the couch. He used one of the couch pillows to elevate it, propping it up gently.

“Scott, it’s fine. Let’s go get some food, mommy is starving.” He pulled his iPhone out of his pocket to check his twitter feed while he waited for Scott to finish whatever he was doing so they could go get something to eat. His stomach was practically eating itself.

You aren’t going anywhere right now.” Scott headed to the kitchen, grabbing an ice pack from the freezer and a hand towel he managed to find after rummaging around a bit. “You are going to lay on that couch, watch cartoons, and ice that ankle.”

Mitch looked up from his phone with a pout as Scott reappeared, gently placing the ice on his injured leg.

“But it’s finneeee.” He grumbled.

Scott grinned and leaned over to kiss those pouty lips before standing.

“Don’t worry,” he grabbed the tv remote from the coffee table and made sure it was within Mitch’s reach. “I will go and acquire comestibles for the Queen.”

Mitch's face contorted in confusion and he raised an eyebrow. “Is that edible?”

Scott laughed and leaned down to kiss him again.  “You definitely are.” He grinned against the blushing boys lips before turning and heading for the door. “I’ll be back soon, text me if you need anything.”

 ~

As soon as he was gone Mitch let his head fall back onto the couch. He missed Scott already. He tried to busy himself, browsing various social media apps and surfing through the channels on his tv, but he felt restless. He couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect everything was. Scott was perfect, this morning had been perfect, it was all perfect. It was insane how much he wanted things to always be like this.

He had been so comfortable in his life, his career, and being alone.

That boy had just bulldozed into his life and changed everything. In practically no time at all Scott had taken ahold of his heart, and he loved that feeling. He hadn’t wanted to fall, he hadn't been LOOKING, it had just happened and he was willing to ride this ride until he was forced off.

He just knew that this was real. THEY were real. It was brand new and, granted, really screwed up, but nevertheless, he was all in.

Scott had only been gone for maybe 15 minutes and his loft felt so lonely without him there to help fill it. That thought made him laugh. He’d always loved the large space and loved living alone. He adored his independence, but how quickly that had changed.

When he finally heard the door open and Scott’s footsteps approaching, he tried to peek over the back of the couch to see him.

Scott grinned as he caught him.

“Well it’s a good thing you’re back, I was this close to chewing off my own arm.”

Scott just laughed. “Here is your coffee. The girl at the counter knew your order when I told her who it was for.”

Mitch laughed a bit. “Of course she did.” 

“Well the first step is admitting you have a problem.” He chuckled and Mitch just rolled his eyes, his lips already closed around his straw.