Ch 32. Here at the End of All Things Pt. 2

Zac had been doing really well. He was staying busy, keeping up with his friends so he could stay distracted from the ache in his heart that was slowly beginning to ease.

He was currently hanging out with his friend, Dave Franco. They'd been close since they'd worked together on Charlie St. Cloud.  They had just finished dinner and they were just sitting down in the living room when the front door flung open.

Zac stood quickly, unsure of what was happening, but he realized quickly that it was Scott.

.

Scott had a key and he thought that Zac was away so he'd just opened the door.

He looked pale and lost and sooo incredibly hurt. He looked from Zac to the other man who had stood from his seat on the couch and was looking from him to Zac, probably trying to determine whether or not he was a threat.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have.. I'm just" Scott turned to leave them alone. His brain wasn't quite functioning. Too much was happening, his world was upside down.

"No, Scott come here." Zac's worry was apparent. He looked over to Dave who seemed to sense that this was something important and quite personal. "I'll call you" He put a hand on Zac's back before walking past Scott and out the door.

Scott was just stunned. He couldn't seem to get his thoughts to catch up on the situation.

Nothing made any sense any more. Would Zac even be ok that he was here? He hadn't thought it through, he'd just gotten in the car and drove to the only safe place he knew. 

But Zac hadn't spoken to him in ages. What if he was mad?

He felt the world spinning...everything was closing in on him...

and then darkness.

He fell to floor as he fainted.

.

When he woke the first thing he saw was Zac.

He was in a bed. He assumed it was Zac's. For a moment he couldn't remember how he'd gotten there,  and then the horrible truth came rushing back to him.

.

Zac watched the emotions play out on Scott's face. He knew what had happened. Kirstie had followed Scott to his house to make sure he got there ok.

She'd come inside right after he'd fainted.

She had explained everything while he relocated Scott to his bedroom. The poor girl looked like she hadn't slept in a week, and he could only imagine how torn she was. He'd tried to convince her to stay the night, as there was a terrible storm headed their way, but she was sure she could make it before it started. He made her promise to call as soon as she made it home and she agreed before she hurried out. 

Now, sitting next to Scott, Zac was angrier than he had ever been. He'd trusted Mitch with Scott. He'd always given him the benefit of the doubt. Had he known this was going to happen he never would have. He really wanted to hurt Mitch. He wanted to go over there right then and show him the meaning of pain.

But Scott was here and he needed him.

Scott started talking, trying to tell him.

"He really..."

"It's ok. I know." Zac pulled him into his arms and held him as he sobbed against him. It was painful to watch. Zac hated Mitch for what he'd done.

He was also at a loss for words. He didn't have a clue how to make it better. He didn't have any idea how to take that pain away from him...and he gladly would have.