Ch 14. Girlfriend

Angel stood looking at Kirstie for a moment, a bit surprised and confused.

"Hiya!" Kirstie smiled adorably.

"Um, is..."

Scott appeared in the doorway behind Kirstie and Angel just looked at him.

"Ang, hey. Um, this is Kirstie and Kirst this is Angel, my girlfriend."

Kirstie extended her hand with the sweetest smile she could muster.

Angel shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Kirstie."

"You too," Kirstie stated with some extra peppiness added in. She already didn't like this girl. She was gorgeous, like Victoria's Secret model gorgeous, but she looked stuffy and snobby, like Victoria's Secret model snobby. With her businessy pants and businessy shirt and heels that made her tower over the barefooted Kirstie. She wanted to mess up the other girl's hair or untuck her designer shirt from her designer pants. She was too put together - it was too... BLAH

This was not at all the type of girl Scott should be with. This was not at all the type of  PERSON Scott should be with. She seemed a lot older than them, even though she looked their age. Kirstie hated it, all of it.

She's obviously evil if her hair is that shiny and perfectly curled. No one has skin that perfect. She had to have sold her soul to the devil or something. Maybe she's a demon!

Scott shifted a bit. Kirstie just seemed to move closer and closer to him the more he moved away.

"Babe, can I talk to you for a minute?" Angel gave him a pointed look.

He sighed knowing there was going to be a fight. They rarely had them but, boy when they did...

"Yeah, Kirst can you give us a few?"

Kirstie felt the evil streak rise in her.  "Sure, hon. Hurry back!" She leaned up on her toes, holding onto his shoulder for balance, and kissed his cheek before hurrying back into the apartment.

Scott thought nothing of it. Kirstie always kissed him on the cheek or sat in his lap or hugged him. She was just a very contact oriented person.  After he entered the hallway and closed the door behind him, he turned to a very upset Angel.  

Shi†.

"What the hell, Scott?"

"What?"

"I thought you were staying with Mitch, not some little teenage airhead who is practically throwing herself at you!"

Scott could do nothing but blink in surprise at her. He'd never seen this side of Angel before. She was usually soft-spoken and just as sweet as Kirstie. He couldn't remember ever hearing her say a mean thing about anyone.

"She's not throwing herself at me and she's not an airhead. She's one of my best friends, Ang."  

Angel softened a bit as she realized how harsh she'd sounded.

"I'm sorry. That was really mean. I really didn't mean it. I didn't... I just... she was kissing you and... answering the door and...you've been so distant lately.."

Scott raised an eyebrow at her stuttering.

"Angel Brookes, is that jealousy I see on you?" he laughed a bit.

She blushed and looked down at his shirt.

He smirked and pulled her against him. "It's kinda hot."