Chapter 2: Underdog

Cheryl POV 

"Hello everyone" I said as I sat at the table with Archie, Jughead, Veronica and Betty. We weren't particularly friends but more associates. "Guess what?" I Said hoping to spike interest, this is big news. 

"We don't care Cheryl" Veronica said in a bitchy tone. 

"Unless it's that I've won the lottery, neither" Said Jughead sarcastically, idiot. 

"Well Anyway mommy and daddy have hired a private detective to find JJ's murderer, apparently he's the best in the biz" I Said staring at my red painted nail whilst the misfits looked shocked, again idiots. 

"Wait you mean Issac Harding? I've followed his work since he started he's solved loads of cases of well anything" Said Jughead excitedly. We all looked at him strangely but honestly this was kind of expected when dealing with him. 

"Yes Issac Harding. Daddy contacted him and when we found out he was on the Canadian border we thought he'd try go for a closer case but instead he's on his way" I Said before getting up and leaving, the Bell did rang  for 5th period. 

———————————

Issac POV 

I waltzed into Riverdale high listening to Come and get your love by Redbone. I walked down the halls taking in the different scents, taking off my red checked  jacket which had a black hood leaving me in a plain white t-shirt. I walked into the principals office even though he was on the phone sitting down and taking my ear phones out. 

"May I help you young man?" Asked the principal as he hung up the phone. 

"I need to speak to Cheryl Blossom." I said scrolling through my phone making sure I got the name right. 

"And why would you need to do that?" Asked Principal... Weatherby that's it. 

"Issac Harding, I'm a private detective that the Blossoms hired. I'd also like Jughead Jones, Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge and Betty Cooper." I said reading the names off the list I had compiled yesterday after speaking with the elder Blossoms. The principal sighed as I just sat smiling at him though he picked up the phone to call his secretary. I stood up as he hung the phone up and started looking around the office. "So Mr. Weatherby, what sort of student was Jason Blossom?" I asked although he became flustered at my sort of direct approach. 

"I've already goven a statement to Sherriff Keller" he said but I just gave him a 'bitch please' look and he started talking. "He was a good student, no issues as far as I'm aware, he was captain of the Football team and a grade A student" he said. I could tell he wanted to say more  it the door opened and on came a teenage girl with fiery red hair. 

"You must be Cheryl, come in we're just waiting for the others" I Said directing her to a chair next to my vacates one. "Principal Weatherby once everyone is here I'd like you to leave" I Said so he just nodded, rubbing his fourhead as four more teens came through the door. "Everyone sir please, thank you" I Said as they all sat in seats across from Weatherby who them stood leaving the room, me closing the door behind him. 

"Who are you?" Asked the red headed male. 

"Archie Andrews. Star athlete, aspiring musician, good student all American boy next door" I said sitting in Weatherbys vacates chair. He looked at me confused as did everyone else. "I'd like to ask you all some questions, I'm making a profile for a incident report, I'd like all your perspectives?" I Said so they nodded looking curious, especially Lodge. "Cheryl tell me about Jason?" I asked so they all looked shocked and confused  it Cheryl just looked utterly stunned. 

"Jason was my twin, he was the best person I knew. He was a kind person and I don't understand why someone would want to kill him" she said getting emotional, Betty comforting her but I just stayed emotionless, it was easier to do that stay professional. 

"Archie?" I prompted and he told me the same sort of stuff I'd already heard. I'd gotten the same speeches given by Jughead and Betty with only Beronica left to question. "Those who have spoken why don't you go back to class?" I phrased as a question by it wasn't more of a command. About 5 minutes left. Once everyone had left I turned to Veronica. 

"I didn't even know Jason" she defended so I shrugged making he sigh. "Look what do you want? I'd this is actually about my father then you can go to hell" she said with a straight face making me smirk at her, bitchy I like it. 

"What sort of impression do you have of Jason?" She told me that he seemed like he tried to hide behind the good  it smiled and innocent persona but she had found the play book where the football team would use girls and get brownie points for it. She told me she suspected something happened to Polly something more than a mental breakdown so I made a mental note to go see the other Cooper girl. "Thank you for your time but it seems I'm out of just that" I said grabbing my jacket Andy backpack leaving the office whilst putting my jacket on and my backpack was securely on my back. I walked out ignored the reception and walked in the opposite way from which I entered rounding the corner just as the Sherriff came into view of the reception. 

I put my head phones on just and played Underdog by Kasabian. I grabbed my skateboard from a locker I'd stored it in when I arrived and skated down the halls until I reached fresh air just as the bell rang signalling the end of hell for those teenagers. 

Now time to visit some old friends.