Chapter 4: Revolution

Jughead POV 

Later in the night the day that who I'm pretty sure is Issac Harding interrogated us about Jason Blossom I was walking home, to the trailer. I was just outside and I heard people laughing and knew there were some Serpents here so I sighed annoyed, Dad said he was going to try keep me out of that stuff. 

I opened the trailer door and walked in and the Serpents quietened down and I looked at who was there. Nameless Serpents, my dad and Issac Harding, what the hell? 

"Hey Jughead there someone I'd like you to meet. The leader of the Serpents, Issac Harding" my dad said as he stood up not even wobbling although the amount of bottles suggested he should be. I nodded my head to Harding and looked at him suspiciously, Why was he in my home? "He's going to be in town for awhile thought you should get to know him" my dad said before patting my shoulder sending me in my way. I sighed walking to my room getting changed and setting my laptop up before a knock sounded throughout the room. I opened my bedroom door and saw Harding stood there looking comfortable although he had no right. 

"What do you want?" I Questioned him but he simply smirked (that was starting to get annoying) and walked past me into the room. I saw he looked curiously at my laptop but before I got chance to close it he was already snooping. "Did I say you could look at that?" I cried outraged at my privacy being invaded. He was looking into my article about Jason's murder and nodding his head thoughtfully, seemingly making mental notes. 

"It's good. You've got a good I sure but there are something I'd like to say." He said turning the chair to look in my direction. I raised an incredulous eyebrow but he simply motioned for me to sit on the end on my bed, I did just that. "I'd like to help you with your article" I was about to protest  it was cut off by a raised hand. "Meaning we can solve the murder together and then we can write the article. Each night after some investigating you write a transcript, just you your thoughts and suspicions and then we can continue to further investigate. Alright?" He said so I nodded my head, I'd be an idiot to not want to work with the Issac Harding. "Good" He said patting my shoulder standing up and walking out the door closing it on his way. "Get ready to start fresh" He Shouted through the door so I looked at my article and closed it, not deleting as there could be something useful. I shut off my laptop and went to bed as the Serpents were leaving and my own dad went to bed. 

-TIMESKIP- 

The next morning I was walking through Riverdale high seeing my friends but avoiding them knowing they have doubt about Harding and me now working with him. I went to my locker and got my history textbook quickly making my way to class and sitting in my seat in the back. 

"So a little birdy told me that your father has a shady friend in town, correct?" Asked Cheryl as she sat in the seat next to me that Archie usually sat in. I shook my head  it otherwise ignoring the redheaded girl as I grabbed a pen from my bag. "Well he seemed shady apparently. But good news Issac Harding arrived this morning" she said cheerfully, if only she knew. She then stood passing Archie to go sit in her own seat. 

"Hey man, what'd Cheryl want?" Questioned my long time best friend as he sat down in his seat previously occupied with the red headed she-devil. 

"Nothing She was saying someone told her my dad has a shady friend in town. And that Issac Harding arrived this morning" I said just before the teacher came in starting the lesson so Archie couldn't question me. I didn't pay attention to the teacher, instead focussing my thoughts on Harding. He was a curious person, a natural at his job and always got results no matter how gruesome. I remembered the case I read about that he solved, a serial killer who tore peoples throats out leaving animal bites all over there body. 

"Jughead is needed in the Principals office" said the secretary as she came into the classroom. I quickly grabbed my things heading outside seeing the secretaries nervous expression as I passed her. I walked to the office and walked in as directed by the secretary. I saw Harding sat in Weatherbys seat looking through school records and transcripts. He raised his hand slightly in greeting before pointing to the seat opposite him and I sat down waiting to do something. 

"I was wondering who your prime suspects are?" Harding asked as he looked up from the papers sitting back looking relaxed in his suit jacket, black jeans and button up shirt. I thought for a moment not uttering a word which if his expression was anything to go by for some odd reason impressed Harding. 

"Either a Ghoulie, my father told me they were worse than Serpents but I don't really know I guess anyone at this point is fair game" I Said as I realised I really had no clue who could have killed Jason or even have motive. 

"Good but you think that we need suspects which isn't good." He said making me utterly confused furrowing my brow thinking about what he could possibly mean. "Everyone is a suspect" he said before standing and leaving. I quickly followed as he moved at a fast pace. "Say a name any name?" He said handing me the papers he was previously holding. I saw a list of name and saw the football teams names. 

"Reggie" I said handing him the papers. Reggie sometimes dealed drugs, it was a good place to start. He nodded his head and looked at another piece of paper once I'd handed them back and turned right and then left twice before opening a door bardging into the biology lab, second period. 

"I need Reggie A.S.A.P" He said and started clapping after Reggie was going too slow. He sped up and followed us to where ever Harding wanted to conduct the interview. We ended up in the Locker rooms and he sat down on a bench looking relaxed as both me and Reggie looked confused or in Reggie case nervous. "Tell me about yourself" he said taking a swig of a flask that magically appeared. He held it out for either of us but we both shook our heads. 

"I'm on the football team, not the best student but I manage to pass.." Reggie started only for Harding to cut him off.

"No I'm talking about the fact you deal drugs" he said looking relaxed although Reggie started to panic but I just looked shocked that he knew, how'd he know? 

"Errm I get the drugs from my dealer. He's a serpent" Said Reggie so Harding waved his hand dismissing him looking thoughtful. 

"Your not gonna ask him anything else?" I asked watching Reggie leave before I turned to Harding looking confused. 

"Not my style. Now we go back to basics, no more interviews for awhile my friend" He said yet again walking away only to go to the student lounge. He sat down infront of a laptop which must be his since he managed to log on. "So here I have the Blossom family history. Your father and the other Serpents are my pack." He said pushing the laptop over to me so I read through the passage on screen and looked at him like he was crazy only to stop short as I saw red eyes staring back at me. 

"Your... your a werewolf?" I stammered nervously although he nodded his head, eyes going back to blue as he pulled up another passage from the Blossom history book. 

"Here it says that it's tradition for the father of a hunter to kill them if they get turned. Time to visit Clifford" He said shutting his laptop putting it in the case next to the coffee table standing and walking away and into the halls just as the bell rang. We walked through the halls my mind reeling as students milled around since it was already lunch and so much time had passed but yet we were nowhere closer than we were this morning. I bumped into someone and saw Archie. 

"Hey man where have you been you've not been in class since history?" He asked concerned but before I could answer Harding case over landing his hand on Archie's shoulder. 

"We're busy you can talk later." And with that I was dragged away.