Chapter 29: Kryptonite

Alice POV

We'd burned the bodies and spread the ashes around so it didn't look like a huge bonfire had happened and then went back to the Whyte Wyrm to wait for Issac. We were waiting in silence all just biting our nails as the suspense grew as we waited for Issac to walk through the front or even the back doors. 

"Okay it's official Issac is going to get his ass kicked and not by the hunters and Cheryl is the most badass person I know, wow life has changed" Said Beronica breaking the tense silence as everyone who heard her (me, Jughead, Cheryl, Toni, Sweet Pea, Fangs, FPand Anthony the bar tender) chuckled. 

"Just to make it clear for those who don't know that was only my second time using a bow, FYI" Said Cheryl cockily flipping her hair behind her shoulder. We all talked for awhile mocking each other's fighting and mini play fights broke out, Jughead got an arrow to the ass, but we all laughed breaking the tense silence of when we were waiting for Issac. We were paying attention to how much time had passed until my phone rang and I saw the time on the phones clock, it had been 6 hours since we'd seen Issac. 

"Hello Alice Cooper speaking" I Said into the phones receiver. Hearing bustling around in the background i waited patiently for the person answer which they did after a few seconds. 

"Hi this is Sheriff Keller I need you to come down to the station" he said and my heart caught in my throat, Oh god no. 

"Okay that's fine is it alright if I bring a few friends along?" I asked getting an affirmative and the sheriff hung up so I grabbed my things and told everyone to hurry up and others to call if Issac appears. 

"Hello I'm here to see Sheriff Keller" I said to the lady at the desk when we all arrived at the station. She nodded her head and motioned for us to follow which we did until we reached Keller's office. We walked in and saw him looking at some files the air filled with the scent of his suffocating sorrow. "Keller why have you asked us here?" I asked Keller and he looked up as we all piled into the office. When we were all inside and sat down he began speaking. 

"Do you know where Issac Harding is?" He asked and I froze, god Issac got caught killing that hunter. 

"No no we don't but what ever you think he did there's only 25% chance he did it" Said Veronica and although most would say he didn't do it at all it is Issac were talking about here, he most likely did do it. 

"He didn't do anything we can charge him for unfortunately" said Keller and got cutoff by Toni. 

"What do you mean nothing you could charge him for?" She asked and Keller grew slightly impatient due to her interruption. 

"2 bodies were found in the woods by Fred Andrews about 2 hours ago and he identified one which I confirmed and the other he recognised as someone that was causing bother with the first body" said Keller with pity and sorrow in his eyes, nonononono!!

"It was Issac wasn't it? The first body" FP asked as I just sat frozen with tears slowly leaking from my eyes as I was unable to hold them back. Keller nodded and most of us broke down. Me, FP, Jughead and Sweet Pea kept calm silently letting our tears flow whilst the others even Fangs burst out crying although Fangs denied any form of comfort. 

"I'm sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news but he managed to kill his own murderer before he died" said Keller before standing and leaving the office so we could have sometime as a pack. I could see Veronica starting to get hysterical and got a feeling in my gut like I did whenever Lucy used to scream. Watching as she opened her mouth and wailed those of use who were werewolves shifted partially and bowled and Cheryl joined in screaming although it wasn't as loud. 

"What was that?" Asked Veronica in a whisper when we were all done. We were all numb with shock and heartbreak and I stood leaving before Veronica got her answer. 

Like Issac I now had a funeral to plan.