Chapter 27: Cold Little Heart

Issac POV 

I'd read the wills that had been written but decided that I wouldn't take the Camaro back, it held too many memories. It was in Peters name so I just had to transfer it to someone else's and I know exactly who. "Peter couldn't write it in his will about who would get his car so I thought I'd give it to the person I thought deserved it most. Cheryl you've lost nearly everyone and I think you should have something from Peter and Lucy to hold onto." I Said handing the red haired girl the keys for the Camaro. 

"Thank you" Said the girl as she took the keys hugging me whilst doing so. Hugging her back I allowed myself a moment of weakness as tears fell down my face dampening Cheryl's shoulder. Pulling away I held Cheryl's shoulders as she composed herself. Nodding to her once she'd done just that she went back to her seat and me, FP and Alice took our places on one corner of the flower covered coffin leaving one corner empty. 

"This is the first funeral we'd have as a pack so a new tradition is going to be started. The alpha, the seconds and a close person to the deceased will help in sending off the deceased in their own way. Me being the alpha and FP and Alice being my seconds as the final person we think Jughead should help us with the process" I stated. Jughead nodded Cheryl squeezing his arm for moral support he stood after a moments pause and walked to the final corner of the coffin. 

"How did they wish to be sent off?" I heard Hirom Lodge ask. Instead of answering I grabbed the wooden torches that would be used to set the coffin alit. Handing one to each of the other stood around the coffin of our dear friends. Setting my own alit I looked into the flames. In the flames I saw the reflection of my anger brewing inside me deadly but for now contained but ready to be unleashed when I find my packmates, my siblings murderers. The others used my own torch to set theirs alit and we all stepped back slightly. 

"Wait!!" Shouted Cheryl and I saw she stood up taking a piece of paper from her purse and placing it among the flowers, a picture of Jason so they can find him in heaven with ease. She nodded to us and sat down looking at the centre of the coffin as we all lowered the flames setting the corners alit. The fire spread quickly much like it did when Peter used his powers as a hellhound to set himself or things around him on fire. 

"Rest in Peace my friends know that your death won't go unsolved" I Said looking into the flames of the coffin that was testing on the fire proof table. As the fire finished burning I saw everyone look to the sky a silent prayer to those we've all lost. The four of us who set the coffin alit gathered the ashes and walked to the waters edge with the others close behind. We watched the water flown past us before we simultaneously scattered the ashes into the water. 

"Thank you" Said Veronica coming up to me and hugging me as we watched the water pass us by even though the ashes had already moved downstream away from us. Hugging the girl I played with the wristband that was on her wrist and considered offering her the bite since she wasn't a hellhound like her brother. Instead I decided to howl, in pain in loss in grief and in unity. Howls surrounded me as the pack howled for our fallen friends, howling together as a promise that those who hurt  our pack would pay and would wish for death. 

"What the hell?!!" Shouted Hermione Lodge when she saw the shifted faces of the wolves in the pack. She grabbed her husband who tried to grab their daughter but she was latched onto me like a koala bear. "Veronica get away from those those things!!" Shouted her mother incredulously. "Is this why my son died? Because you made him a monster?!!" And now she's hysterical great just what I need. 

"Listen here lady Peter was a hellhound he was born into this so your the reason he was brought into this and let me tell you now I would rather die than see my pack hurt because losing pack is worse than losing family so I know what your going through and so much more" I Said in a venomous tone to the tanned skinned lady. "Look V you don't have to but if you want you can be apart of the pack like Peter wanted or you can give the wristband back and I'll give it to someone who wants to be pack" I told the girl as we all (minus Hiram and Hermione Lodge) towards the cars. 

"Guess you'll have to teach me about werewolves and other things that go bump in the night then won't you" She said smiling up t me and I smiled back before getting into the back of Cheryl's car as we all drove to the Whyte Wyrm for a packnight since everyone was mourning.   We decided to stop to grab some burgers from Pop's first and me, Veronica and Cheryl headed inside to get the food leaving Jughead and Toni in the trunk (don't ask why they were there) and Fangs in the back seat along with Sweet Pea. 

"So I guess we weren't invited to your friends funeral? Shame I would have liked to see him with all his limbs attached"