Chapter 3: Figure It Out

Issac POV 

It had taken me 20 minutes to reach Pops Chocklit shoppe as I decided to eat before heading over to my old friends. I ordered some food and a milkshake before sitting down pulling my laptop out of my backpack. I looked at what I knew about the case so far and the families extensive history. I wonder if Polly knew she hooked up with her cousin? After noting down what I'd been told about Jason I decided to compile another list, suspects. 

On the list was everyone. 

Once I'd finished eating I sat and started to slowly drink my milkshake whilst reviewing the Blossom family History. The Blossoms are supposedly werewolf hunters descendant from the brother of Lycaen's first kill. Lycaen is the first known werewolf in history but nobody knows if it's true. I'm a werewolf myself and whilst I'm mostly away from my pack I do keep in touch. I found out I was a werewolf after my first shift when I was 9 years old. I managed to get pretty good control and nobody at the orphanage ever found out. I became an alpha when I was 16 just after I ran away and got ambushed by an alpha and a few betas. Me being an omega at the time they thought they could take me but I killed all three of them, do I feel guilty? No they all had killed an innocent they had blue eyes and the alpha admitted to killing on every full moon. 

"So anything interesting that has your attention so fixated on your computer?" Asked in an innocent voice that of Veronica Lodge. I looked up and saw her looking on with fake curiousity that most wouldn't be able roc notice but I want just anybody. I decided to indulge the girl as it wouldn't hurt anyone. 

"I reading the Blossom family history" I Said before sipping my milkshake. She looked curious and I could tell by the twitch in her hand she wanted to see it as well but I closed my laptop just as she atrecjed her hand out. 

"Why can't I see?" She asked innocently as she sipped her own milkshake trying to seem harmless. Little did she know I knew she and her friends I spoke to earlier are trying to solve Jason's untimely murder. 

"Well firstly I'm leaving in a minute and secondly it's non of your business" I Said before packing my things away leaving her alone at the table. I saw her friends trying to pretend that they weren't listening but I just smirked at them and the Sherriffs son dropped his head knowing they'd been caught. 

"He knew we were here, how?" I heard him ask his friends but they all had no idea. I pushed my skate board to the ground and hopped onto it heading in the direction of my friends, my pack. 

——————————— 

Betty POV 

I looked at much friends as they all theorised about the mysterious guy who had asked us questions about Jason and knew we were listening into his conversation when we shouldn't have been. 

"He could be like a government spy sent to eradicate sinners" Said Kevin dramatically. "Who do you think he's gonna kill first?" He said inock worry making us all laugh at him before we grew serious again. 

"What I wanna know is why he had Cheryl's family history. Why would he let me see it as well" Said Veronica and we all pondered it until Jughead spoke up seeming to put some pieces together. 

"You know I think I know who this guy is" Said Jughead proud of himself about something or other. 

"Well?" Prompted Archie when it seemed like he wasn't going to talk. 

"I think our detective is in town." He said leaning back but we all just looked at him confused until he sighed and leaned forward again. "Cheryl said Issac Harding was coming to Riverdale and so far he fits Harding M.O. Showing up days before he was suppose to and finding information about his case and suspects. It's why people criticis him for being unconventional as he apparently over steps boundaries regarding the law and morals" Said Jughead so we all looked horrified at the last statement. 

"How does he over step morals?" I asked seriously and worried as he could question Polly and she's apparently not so stable anymore. 

"I don't know it doesn't say on any reviews he's gotten just that he over steps way too many boundaries" Said Jughead shrugging as he learn back again signalling he said all he could tell us. 

"Betty we need to talk" Said my mother as she walked over to our table her heels clacking on the ground as she walked. I stood up and followed my mother outside where she stopped and seemed to grow serious. "About a year ago I made a bad decision and now it's come back to bite me in the ass. I'm going to be busy for a while and probably won't be home much Alright? so it will just be you and your father". I nodded my head confused about what she was talking about but before I could ask she turned around and got into her car. I watched her leave and walked back inside where I saw all my friends looking at me worried and confused. 

"What did she want?" Asked Veronica as I sat back down next to her and Kevin with Archie and Jughead opposite. 

"She's gonna be gone a lot so it will mainly be me and dad. She said she made a decision and now it's come back to bite her in the ass" I said confused and worried. What has my mother gotten herself into. 

"Bets I'm sure it'll be fine" Said Archie reassuringly so I nodded and decided to change the subject. We continued to talk about Issac Harding and Jason before we all headed home and decided to look into him more after school the next day.