Chapter 13: Up All Night

Peter POV 

After about 5 hours me and Issac managed to clear out the attic. We'd had to move loads of junk to the basement with Alice constantly shouting at us to be careful. At about 9.30pm that night Betty had arrived home along with her friend Veronica who was apparently sleeping over whilst me and Lucy were setting up Lucy's sleepingbag in the bedroom she is going to be sharing with Betty. Betty was pissed, Issac found it hilarious, Veronica was just stood awkwardly and Murray was tangled in the bed sheets. 

"So boys now that you've managed to clear the attic now you have to decorate, good luck" Said Alice when we came downstairs the next morning. We ended up sleeping in the attic in sleeping bags luckily we'd cleaned it all so there wasn't dirt. She handed Issac a credit card and Murray immediately took it away from him. I can't blame him if it's not his own money Issac tends to spend as much as possible. 

"Let's go to the furniture store. We need beds wardrobes desks a carpet maybe some chairs and I'm sure I'll be able to think of some other things" Said Alice as we all sat in the car on the way to Ikea. When we arrived like the children we are me and Issac sprinted ahead whilst Alice was just shouting at us to come back. 

Like we were gonna do that. 

————————————

Alice POV 

"Not even 10 seconds after we arrived and we've lost them already" I sighed in frustration rubbing my forehead as we walked towards the entrance. Murray chuckled at me as me and Lucy walked faster occasionally shouting the boys names. 

"Ma'am have you lost your children, maybe if I had a description I could help you find them" asked one of the workers once we'd gotten inside. I seriously should invest in leashes for those 2, they are technically dogs anyway. 

"That would be helpful, I've got a picture let me show you" Said Lucy as she pulled her phone out. I caught site of the blue leather jacket I knew Issac was wearing followed by the Black muscle shirt and grey jeans I knew Peter was wearing, bingo. I started to run through the shop towards where I saw them heading leaving behind a confused Lucy and shocked Murray who decided to stay a few days. I eventually lost them in the bed section until I saw a women talking about immature children who's parents need to learn to keep them under control having a pillow fight, they are so dead. 

I walked to where I saw a lot of screaming children and grabbed a pillow heading over until I saw the 5 year old teenagers I was now responsible for. I hit Issac first and then Peter, they stopped to look at me and somehow a pillow fight between the three of us started. Feather went flying and we ended up jumping between beds to get better leverage, now Way was I losing to 2 teenagers. 

"Miss I'm going to have to ask ask you to stop" Shouted one of the store clerks and I brushed the hair from my face after I successfully push Peter and Issac to the floor. 

"I'm going to have to pay for the pillows aren't I?" I asked and the clerk nodded so I headed over to Murray followed by sniggering teenagers. "So what's first on the list?" 

-TIMESKIP- 

We'd finally finished shopping getting everything we needed for the boys room and decided to decorate half of Betty and Lucy's room so it was more to her liking. Me and Lucy started painting half of her shared room whilst Peter, Murray and Issac went to paint and carpet the boys shared room. 

"Mom what the hell?" Asked Betty as she walked into the room seeing navy paint on one half of the room. I turned away from looking at the stars Lucy was painting in the ceiling to look at Betty and smiled at her. 

"Guess where we're going tomorrow?" I Said with an excited smile, Hal finally agreed to my deepest wish. 

"I don't care where we're going tomorrow I want to know what your doing to my room?" She Screeched like she had the cheek to. That girl seriously. 

"Well your half of the room is how you want it so why can't Lucys be how she wants it?" I asked her innocently, I had nothing to be guilty for. 

"Why can't she stay in the attic I saw you clearing it yesterday?" Asked Betty offended as she walked to her bed. Once Lucy finished painting the last star she climbed down and we put the ladder in the hall out of the way. I ignored my youngest daughter in favour of helping Lucy construct the furniture we'd bought her. 

She'd gotten a dresser which would fit her underwear and pyjamas in as well as any mother girly things like makeup and stuff in the top draw. Since one of the window seats was on her side of the room only we put a pipe above the seat for her to hang her clothes in up high so she'd be able to sit on the seat still. We'd gotten a desk which we could push up or down which would fit nicely infront of the window seat so she could use it for a desk or table for drinks. We'd gotten her a black metal day bed which was in the corner.

The bed was in the corner with the dresser next to it behind the door. It was nice and elegant but it was very much Lucy's style. It had taken us an hour to fit all the furniture together and in that time Betty had started and finished her homework. 

She'd also called Veronica to bitch about everything to her. 

—————————-

Issac POV 

"Oh my god how the hell did I get paint in my ass?" Asked Murray as Pete pointed out the khaki paint on his ass. I did it but we weren't going to tell him that. I'd just finished painting the largest wall in the attic which was a forest scenery that I had hand painted. (Like picture below but painted)

Whilst I was doing this the other 2 were painting the other walls an extremely deep nearly black green

Whilst I was doing this the other 2 were painting the other walls an extremely deep nearly black green. They'd also set up the beds me and Peter had gotten and was starting to set up the other furniture. Neither bed had a headboard as it worked out cheaper but they were both on different sides of the large room. We had an extra large wardrobe that we could share and desks to work on both just simple black tables with a wooden crate underneath to store stuff in. We had 2 windows and bought some black shutters for them which could open up to reveal the window which we could easily open, well once we replaced the latch. 

Overall it was mostly a success except all three of us looked like we'd been in a war after. The carpet now had green patches even though it was a dark grey, don't ask. 

"Well this turned out better than I thought it would considering he can't build anything and you 2 are pretty much children" Said Lucy as she and Alice came up the ladder which led from the hall to the attic. Luckily we took the dot off and there was only the retractable ladders now. 

"Thank you I did most of the work whilst he painted a wall and he tried getting paint off his ass" said Peter before he slide down the ladder mumbling about a shower and greasy food. 

"How bout we shower and then go get dinner?" Said Murray and we all agreed readily. The three of us all showered using both the main bathroom and the ensuitw in Alice's bedroom before getting dressed and heading out only to be stopped by a man holding a gun straight at my head when I walked out of the house. 

"Hello old friend"