Chapter 18: Eez-eh

Issac POV 

I was slowly coming back to consciousness. How did I know? The pain. I knew I'd been infected by wolfsbane and since it wasn't out of my system yet I'm only assuming either we haven't arrived at Ethel's yet or I'm at the hospital and the doctors don't have even the slightest clue as to what they are doing. Or maybe we're still in the car since I felt a jerk and arms grabbing me pulling me out of one. I didn't make a noise use to being manhandled after being injured or kidnapped, depends on the day. 

"Help!! Somebody help!!" I heard Betty shout, my adoptive sister. I was laid down and wheeled away and I knew we were in a hospital, the morons. 

"We need to get him into surgery and find something to ease the pain! And someone start looking for the God foresaken bite!" Shouted a doctor and I felt a mask over my face but instead used the little strength I had to roll off the bed so I could throw up more blood goop instead of chocking on it. Groaning in pain I felt hands try to lift me back into the troll but I resisted. Using my heightened senses I heard Ethel's voice, she sometimes volunteered here for children. 

As I was about to stand arms managed to finally grip me and put the mask on my face. 

I quickly fell into oblivion. 

————————————

Betty POV 

Before today I had a serious disliking for Issac Harding. Now I'm worried FOR him. He's currently in surgery or at least he should be except the doctor who had wheeled him away came towards me, Veronica, Archie, my mom, Cheryl, Peter, Lucy and Jughead 2 hours after we got him here. They refused to tell us anything about his situation until now and I didn't think it was good. 

The doctor was covered in a black substance that I remember seeing Issac throw up and pour from his mouth like he couldn't control it, like it was trying to escape him. 

"Please... please don't say he's dead" whined my mother tears springing to her eyes at the somber look on the doctors face. I saw Ethel round the corner and look at us all with concern. "Please say Issac's Okay" And Ethel's face fell. Did she know him? Why would she look hurt and concerned? 

"He's not doing too good. We've had a few cases similar to his where the patient had the symptoms he's showing but we can't do anything for them and they unfortunately don't survive. But they all had a bite mark on them but he didn't so we honestly have no idea what could have caused this" Said the doctor and I grew concerned. Was he going to die? Did someone poison him? 

"He's going to make it" Cheryl said and walked past the doctor with a pained look on her face no matter how hard she tried to hide it as tears poured from her eyes which she tried to ignore. Jughead got up following her stopping her in her path speaking quietly to her and when Cheryl finally broke down he held her like he use to hold me whenever I cried infront of him, oh how the times have changed.

"I'll help" Said Ethel and she walked past the doctor who nodded at Ethel since she volunteered to keep people in good spirits before their inevitable death, is that what was happening? People just giving up. 

"He's not gonna die!! He's Issac Harding! He's been tortured starved anything to could think of he's survived!! Why's everyone thinking he's just gonna kick the bucket now?" Raged Peter who kicked the nearest chair making it hit a wall and brake. He pushed the doctor out of the way following Ethel to the room she went to. 

"Lucy you okay?" Asked Archie to the strawberry blonde girl who was curled up in a chair not registering anyone's presence like she was catatonic. 

"He'll survive, he's going to be fine" she said and I sort of pitied her hope cause the doctor just said it was most likely he was going to die. But her words calmed the others except Archie and Veronica who had been unusually quiet. I decided to let it go in favour of trying to comfort my mother. Except I was cut off by Ethel walking back into the waiting room wearing scrubs which had black hoop on them. 

"He should make a full recovery" Said Ethel and my mother hugged her but she just told her it was the least she could do. What did that mean? 

———————————-

Issac POV 

When I came too something was different. Not sure what just yet I sat up only to realise everything was tinged red and black, not as clear as before, like when I was learning control with that Buddhist pack. Oh Dear God. 

"Hey man you Alright?" Asked Peter and I nodded still taking in my surroundings with my new eyes. "You sure?" So I looked at him, strange. 

"Yeah besides the fact I'm kind of blind" I told him and his eyes became wide. 

"Like blind blind or 'I just got poisoned with wolfsbane my eyesight isn't what it's usually like I'm still healing' blind?" He asked making me roll my eyes, he's been spending too much time with me. 

"Blind blind although I did learn to use my other senses to form a picture to I can sort of see" I told him and he nodded his head. 

"Well it won't make you feel better or it might I don't know but my biological family lives in Riverdale" he said and I nodded, it did make me feel better. "So I found you phone, seriously man Sex Pistols?" He asked laughing and I smirked grabbing my phone from his hand and played Lonely Boy by Sex Pistols aloud. We just listened to music for awhile whilst he told me what had happened since I was infected. After about 30 minutes Alice came in just in time for eez-eh by Kasabian to come on. She rolled her eyes as me and Peter mouthed the words before she threw a pair of sun glasses at me. 

"A lot of blind people like to hide their grey eyes" she said smiling. "Also they are kinda weird" she said and I just smirked at her evilly. She looked at me weirdly before she realised what I was gonna do. 

"I don't mind people knowing I'm blind Alice, I have nothing to be ashamed of" I said putting my hand over my heart just as the doctor walked in. 

"I wasn't told you were awake" he said and we and Alice turned to look at a sheepish Peter. "Well anyway it seems your in a perfect bill of health or are there any side affects we should know about?" He asked. As Alice and Peter was about to say I was fine I beat them to it. 

"I'm blind" I Said and the doctors face paled. "Did I say something wrong?"