Chapter 9: Way Down We Go

Betty POV 

It was the morning after the mysterious stranger broke into our house. I didn't sleep that night and was exhausted when my alarm went off signaling I had to get dressed for school since it was a Wednesday. I got dressed in my usual attire and walked downstairs to be greeted by my mother handing me a mug filled with tea. I looked at her as she moved around anxiously, did she know about the person from last night? 

"Mom someone was here last night" I said and she turned to look at me shocked and scared, of me or the person seeing me? 

"Betty don't tell anyone anything, promise me. That man that was here is dangerous and will hunt you down if you so much as breath a word about him again do you hear me? You can't question me on this, don't question why either okay?" She said scared and concerned but demanding so I nodded my agreement. What's gotten my mother to act like this? 

After that I finished my drink and headed to Archie so we could walk to school. I was nervous as we talked and made sure to avoid subjects that would relate to my mother or the man. 

"Betty what's wrong with you? Are you Alright you seem nervous?" Asked Archie as the school came into view. 

"Yeah I'm fine just tired I didn't sleep well last night, you know fighting with Juggy and all" I said as we reached the stairs to the school. He frowned concerned as we walked into the school who seemed to all be gossiping about something and I speed walked away from Archie who lost me within the crowd of people. I turned the corner and stopped short shocked at what I was seeing making Archie bump into me as he didn't see what I saw until he looked away from me and to down the hall. 

The Sheriff department was stood around a locker, Cheryl's locker to be more accurate. It had blood pouring out of it, a heart sat inside the locker what kind of heart I don't know but what was more disturbing was the pictures pinned to the locker with arrows. Jughead and his friends from last night, some other nameless Serpents, FP Jones and Issac Harding.

"Oh my god" was all I could say as I saw Cheryl crying into Jugheads shoulder who was looking at the locker pissed off. 

———————————-

Jughead POV 

As soon as I saw Cheryl's locker I called Harding and told him to get my dad and the others and bring them to see what was inside the locker. The only problem was that Harding didn't answer so I had to phone my dad who answered but he sounded worried but agreed to come and get the others from school. 

"Jughead you Alright?" Asked Toni as she approached me. She came and hugged me and then Cheryl as the girl was still crying into my shoulder. I nodded my head looking at my father who's eyes were showing signs he was tired which was a hard feet for a werewolf as he examined the locker. 

"We should all talk" Was all he said before leaving. Me and the other teen wolves followed and I pulled a crying Cheryl along as well as we made our way outside as we'd all already been questioned by the police. We got into my father car and started driving until we arrived at the Whyte Wyrm. We walked inside and walked through mournful pack mates until we started walking up a set of stairs. 

We saw a group of wolves around a table looking at a map. "Cheryl first things first me and the Serpents were all werewolves, I know you know. Hardings one too and now your father found out and is planning to kill him like he did with Jason" my father said to Cheryl who nodded her head but walked to the table looking at the map at what looked like Blossom properties, places they'd could be holding our alpha. 

"They'll be holding him here" Said Cheryl pointing to a woodland cabin near to Sweet Water River. My father nodded his head and walked down the stairs talking the the rest of the pack as a whole about the plan to get our alpha back. 

"I'm sorry about what's gonna happen, your father might end up dying" I Said to Cheryl as I changed into more battle ready clothes. The girl just smiled a me softly before hugging me. 

"I want him to pay, pay for killing my innocent brother" she said and when she pulled away she hadn't a few tears on her cheeks. "Could you do something for me?" She asked in a small voice so I nodded at the still mourning girl who has lost so much even when nobody knew. "Kill my father yourself" was her request an I was determined to fulfil it. 

————————-

Issac POV 

"Torture me a little more why don't you!!" I shouted out from the basement of a Blossom cabin where I was being held hostage by the Blossom. I'd been tortured for the last 5 hours straight, Clifford demanding answers about my pack which I didn't give although I didn't manage to piss them off a wholes lot more. 

"You know I would be a lot  over to your captors since I have a gun and your immobile what with being chained up to a table and all" said Penelope as she came into the room, oh this was going to be fun. 

"Well if be a whole lot  over to the guy who can kill you in a split second. Also you should thank for the other night and all" I said winking at her remembering how she was bitten by the rogue wolf on the night before the full moon and I helped her to prepare some chains to tie her down for the night. 

"You know nothing about my family, how dare you threaten me" she said and she lower a hot poker to my chest burning the Blossom family crest into my skin, it would usually heal but the poker had wolfsbane infused in it. 

"I do actually, how you actually had a son before you had Cheryl and Jason but then put him in Sweet Wayer River because he was a wolfs child and neither you or Clifford could kill him" I Said venomously to her acting like I wasn't being tortured like I was sat having a casual conversation although I was internally wincing at the pain blossoming in my chest. 

"My son died in Sweet Wayer River" Penelope nodded at me before she left the room. I was then alone in the basement chained to a table with torture devices all around me. I started reflecting on my life how I could have done more to make it better. Found a pack when I discovered what I was, I would have probably been adopted by the pack then. I would have gone to a decent high school and probably gone to college and believed in all the good things in life like love except now I'm here. 

I've got a pack that I've seen once before I took the Blossom case and that was when I turned them after I became an alpha (which I'm pretty shit at being). I don't believe in love it will only break a person and you can't love someone you'll eventually leave when you find something better. I'm an alcoholic but I've learnt to hide the signs, I'm High most days too all that I've accomplished in life is a career that will most likely get me killed and that I do because I got bored sitting in an orphanage waiting for something to happen, what I was waiting for I don't know. 

"Well Mr. Harding looks like we have much to talk about" ugh just who I wanted to see. 

"Hello it's been awhile Luka how are you? Last time I saw you I slept with your sister before arresting your father"