Chapter 6: Human

Issac POV 

"So we've done research interviewed a few people but when are we going to interviews Clifford Blossom like you said we were going to do?" Asked Jughead on our way to the Whyte Wyrm after 2 hours filled with interviews of Cheryl and teachers. 

"We need to make it seem like we're doing hard effort research so when we reveal it was Clifford which it most likely is it doesn't seem as suspicious" I told him. He sighed obviously not liking my approach to the investigation, probably wanting to speed ahead but as they say slow and steady wins the race. 

"So you've turned us into werewolves. What's going to happen now?" He asked me instead just as we pulled up to the Serpent hangout. We stepped into the bar and found the other newly turned wolves with FP. 

"So tonight's a full moon you don't have plans, you do you cancel. It will happen here we can't have you running loose hitting people, the Blossoms will hunt you down and kill you. Let's go" I Said to them walking down to the basement and into the far corner where a hatch was which when opened lead to what seemed like a pit to the centre of the earth. "Even when raging with blood lust your still intelligent creatures you'll know not to hurt pack. You'll do anything to help each other escape. Hope you enjoy your night" I Said as me and FP lowered a ladder into the bottomless hatch motioning for the wolves to go down. 

"So basically we're going down there and your just gonna leave us?" Asked Toni incredulously. 

"Well I thought I'd have a nice relaxing evening reading a book sat by a fire with some hot chocolate. No you idiot I'm gonna be down the hole with you" I said sarcastically to the youndlg wolf and she rolled her eyes clenching her fists as the moon started to rise. She climbed down the ladder her fellow newly turned wolves following her with Fangs going down last. 

"Good luck, with that lot you'll need it" Said FP as we finished pulling the ladder from the hole. I nodded my head at him in thanks before jumping down the hatch into what will be a night of chaos and blood.

——————————

Toni POV 

I felt the moon as it started to rise. Making my way down into the dark pit of despair quickly after feeling the pull. Thinking the worst would happen if I wasn't locked away quickly enough. Slowly the others followed down and we stood awaiting our alpha coming down the ladder only for it to quickly disappear from view. 

"Anyone else slightly worried?" Asked Fangs from the corner of the dimly lit basement which had a few camping lanterns around the small box room. We all nodded our heads as I took in our surroundings, 4 sets of chains in each corner but with Ann extra one in the furthest corner. I saw a plant wrapped into the leather cuffs, a purple little flower that I would usually see as beautiful but for some reason was finished by its presence. 

"Okay each pick a corner except Toni you get that one" Said Issac as he silently landed on the ground after jumping down the hatch. I looked at the corner he pointed at and saw the one with 5 chains and made my way over. "Toni gets her chains first as she no matter how much you guys may not like it is way more dangerous. The female werewolf typically has sharper claws and more agility to compliment their smaller frame where as the male has more strength. But the female has more aggression which makes up for the fractional smaller strength." He said before looking at each of us in turn. 

"Something bothering you?" Asked Sweet Pea So Issac nodded his head taking jacket off leaving himself in only a white wife beater vest and ratty old blue skinny jeans. 

"Minimal layers, you'll get warm during your transformation and most likely shred some fabric" he said so I took off my jacket and scarf leaving myself in a black camisole vest and dark blue jeans. The boys were wearing similar clothes to Issac as we all made our way back to our own corners. As Issac came to lock me in my chains I tensed not wanting to be so confined but then remember I'd hurt people other wise. 

He chained my feet first, the left then right, then chaining my hands up so I could barely move them an inch. When he picked up the last chain I froze as he placed it like a headband around my head but he quickly moved on chaining the others as they looked at me concerned. Issac managed to get us all chained up apart from my head band when the first set of eyes turned yellow. Soon enough my head became clouded and I couldn't think past the pain in my fingers and canines until a brief period of relief came before pain exploded in my head. 

My vision was obscured by a red substance which I managed to identify as blood making my growling increase as I tried to put a stop to whoever was hurting me. Words filled my ears undetectable at first as I tried to attack to satisfy the need to sink my fangs and claws into something, anything. As the blood cleared from my view I saw a man standing infront of me his shaggy blond hair framing his face, crystal blue eyes and a mouth that was uttering words I could not hear. Slowly as my hearing came back to me through my rage I started to hear what he was saying.

"....Human. You need an anchor. Think about how your father left you, abandoned you leaving you and your mother unable to pay for a house and ended up living on the streets" he spoke making me recall the tragic time in my life just before my mother killed herself due to severe depression. "Think about who helped you, cared for you." He said I thought back to the events that led me here. The Serpents, my pack taking me in and making a broken girl whole again giving her a second chance at family. "Your pack will forever be here, we aren't going anywhere" 

And suddenly humanity didn't seem so far away. 

—————————

FP POV 

"How'd it go?" I asked Issac as he came up the ladders last the next morning the others walking like zombies to the back of the bar to sleep after the full moon. I was mainly worried about Jughead, my son and my anchor. Jughead and Jellybean were y anchor to humanity, I didn't want them to grow up with a monster for a father. 

"Good I think Toni made a lot a progress, found her anchor. Still working on Fangs and Sweet Pea. Jughead though he was just different" he told me seemingly pondering previous event of my son from the night just gone. 

"Different? How different?" I asked becoming worried. I was already planning to be there for my sons next turn wanting to help him through it as he helped me, although he may not have physically been there. 

"He was mostly calm. Blood thirsty at first but then he just went quiet like he was listening to something. I think he'll be the first to get control over a full moon, he's got a good anchor" he told me before he went to go catch some sleep himself patting my shoulder on his way past. 

-TIMESKIP- 

It had been 2 hours since they all came up from the basement and they were all finally awake. I approached Jughead as he ate, alone since the others had already eaten due to waking up before him. 

"Hey kid. How'd last night go?" I asked him as I sat in the stool next to him. He should be in school but it'd probably be best to give him the day off. 

"Good Issac said about getting an anchor so I was focusing on that and I think I found one but we'll see how it goes" he said calmly. I nodded my head happy my son was adjusting to life as a werewolf so easily and that he'd already found his anchor to his humanity. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your anchor?" My son asked shocking me at first as most wolves in a pack just cared that their pack mate had an anchor, not what it was, unlike my son (and Issac the nosey bastard he is). 

"You and Jellybean" I told him honestly knowing he'd probably feel comfort in that as being someone's anchor was a big deal. 

"Mines you and Jellybean as well" Said Jughead softly before he stood taking his plate to the kitchen and heading outside for some much needed fresh air. I sat stunned, I thought maybe that one of his Northsider friends would be his anchor or maybe an emotion or memory, not me although Jellybean made sense. 

Guess me and my son have more in common that wolves.