Chapter 14: We're A Happy Family

Jughead POV 

It had been 2 days since I last saw Harding, the alpha, the person everyone rely's on. My father had been going about business as usual, he helped us through the full moon and helped Fangs to find a secure anchor. Sweet Pea had one and just needed to work on staying calm, me and Toni were the same. Cheryl had been around a lot, she'd been trying to cope with being alone and I'd helped her look into her supposed older brother, if Hardings sources were correct. We hadn't found anything so far except a police report of a women claiming to  hear a crying baby about 8 miles downstream from Riverdale. 

At the minute me and Cheryl were walking into Pop's to get some food and take it to the Whyte Wyrm. We'd just ordered and the food would take awhile since we did order a lot, most of us are werewolves. We planned on meeting Harding, Alice, some friends of Hardings who have also been adopted by Alice and Hardings social worker. Me and Cheryl just read the text I'd gotten from Alice who had just told us what had happened on their trip to Ikea when Betty, Veronica and Archie had come over just standing at the end of the table.

"May we help you?" Asked Cheryl still chuckling slightly wiping tears from her eyes from laughing. 

"We just wanted to say we were sorry for what happened to your parents and if we can be of any help either finding out what happened to them or anything anything at all" Said Veronica but I could see that she was looking at me slightly hostile, weird.

"Well I'm good thanks for asking, Jugheads actually been helping me a lot. Anyway we aren't stopping for long just picking up some food to go" Said Cheryl cheerfully although I could see the anger in her eyes that came wth someone mentioning her deceased murderous parents. 

"Jughead can we talk?" Asked Betty quietly so I nodded my head and we walked outside to have some privacy. She didn't say anything for awhile and I just stood alertly waiting for her to talk. 

"Look Betty if your not going to say anything can I go back inside?" I said impatiently. We'd argued and not talked at all since or since I became a werewolf and Harding came to town things have been different between us, I guess I didn't love her like I use to. 

"Are we Okay? Or are we broke up? cause you've not talked to me since we argued and maybe a Hello in passing since Harding got to town" she said in a mournful voice and I stood looking at her shocked, guess she noticed the changes as well. "I mean I still love you but I don't think you feel the same about me" she said and I nodded my head although Betty didn't seem to notice as she was looking at her hands which she was fiddling with nervously. 

"I don't love you Betty, not anymore but I did" I Said before turning and walking back inside to sit with Cheryl. 

"I may not have heard what was said but from what I saw, utterly tragic" she said as she sipped a strawberry milkshake she must have gotten for whilst we were waiting. I rolled my eyes at her before stealing her milkshake. 

We continued talking like before not noticing the girl glaring daggers our way.

——————————

Veronica POV 

"How in the hell could he be so cruel about it?" I shrieked as Betty came into Pop's crying slightly after her talk with Jughead. I was furious he told her he didn't love her and walked away. I mean he could have been sympathetic with her Betty loved him, he could of at least pretended to love her. 

"V if he doesn't love her it's not fair to make him stay with her" Said Archie as he tried to defend his best friend although it seemed to him that he didn't even know him anymore. 

"He could have been nice about it" Said Betty sadly with her head resting on her arms on the table whilst I consoled her. Jughead better have a damn good explanation. 

"Veronica dear we need to talk" Said my mother as she came over wearing her usual dress and heel combo just like I usually wore. I nodded my head making sure Betty would be alright before leaving with my mother as my life were about to forever change although unknown to me. 

——————————————

Lucy POV 

The women just stared at Issac looking at his features as though she'd known him, but how? She's too old for Issac to sleep with her so not scorned lover, they don't look alike, Issac doesn't seem to know her so definitely not former social worker, who could this mysterious women be? My prays were answered as Murray rushed forward to try calm Issac who was starting to get agitated under the strange women's scrutiny. 

"This is Sophia Redharp she was the one to find you as a baby" Said Murray shaking Sophia's hand before turning to look at Issac. 

"Well shit man" said Peter lightly also shocked but both me and Alice hit the back of his head. He whined, we ignored him. 

"I remember the day I found you just washed up on the bank of a river. You were hardly a day old, I tried to look after you for awhile but between strict parents and college I just couldn't do it so I had to give you up t the orphanage." Said the lady although it seemed like she thought of Issac as her son although she admitted to him not being. "I gave you my last name, Harding but I married and now it's Redharp" Said the lady and Issac shifted uncomfortably, emotion has hit him  and he's not prepared. 

"Mrs. Redharp was hoping to adopt you. Alice has gotten full custody of Peter and Lucy but unfortunately due to the severity of your case and past issue she wasn't given custody" said Murray and I turned to look at Issac. He'd be forced to leave and we might not see each other again. 

"Looks like I painted the attic for nothing" Said Issac trying to act like the class clown but it didn't work as you could hear the emotion in his voice before he turned and walked inside and upstairs. Alice moved to follow but I held her back and me and Peter went after him at a slower pace. 

"Hey buddy you okay?" Asked Peter once we'd gotten upstairs. We saw Issac sitting on one of the beds with his head in his hands pulling on his hair frustrated. 

"Yeah yeah just a lot to take in you known? I mean this women's practically my mother I mean she tried to raise me but couldn't she gave me her name, what if she hadn't of found me? I'd have been dead. I owe her at least the chance to get to know me" He said as he rose again and I pulled him into a hug as he hugged back before bro-hugging Peter and moving downstairs. With Issac you just have to let him rant and get it out so he can order his thoughts more clearly. 

"Good luck" I Said to him as he walked away with Sophia, the women who could give him the life he deserves.