There's No Way Out

Skye's POV:

We were in the Lodge working. We had just gotten back from school and Sean was constantly skipping and it seemed as if Danielle was the only one he'd listen to. Alex, who had headphones in, like ALL the time, gave a person their key and went back to her magazine. Ben was sitting by himself at the Juice Bar. I walked over to him.
"When's your shift over?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Oh hey Skye." He smiled.

"When's your shift over?"

"Soon. I was just...thinking."

"About what?"

"Danielle. She and... Sean. We decided to keep it just.. you know, friends." Inside, my heart fluttered.

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine. I'm actually glad... you know. That I don't have to worry about her shoes getting dirty and stuff." He let out a small laugh. I nodded. Just then, Danielle walked in.

"Oh Skye! Finally I found you! I was wondering... can I redecorate your room?" She said. She wore all pink. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Why?"

"Because I want to redecorate something. And I thought that, you are the best person to change up!" I looked at Ben and we both smiled.

"Ok." I Agreed. She squealed. We all talked about school and the assignments. And like always, Danielle was complaining about her teachers, exams, and assignments. Ben suddenly changed the subject.

"Do you guys smell smoke?" Ben asked. We heard screaming.

"Maybe its a barbecue?" Danielle shrugged. We looked at her, complete confusion washing over us. We heard blood curtailing screams. We looked at each other and ran to the doorway. Alex was ushering people out. We ran to her. Me and Ben made sure that Danielle dodged the fire.

"Alex what happened?!" Ben yelled.

"I don't know! I was here at the desk and I smelled smoke! I heard people screaming and then I saw people running!" It was getting so hot. We heard screaming and crying. Danielle ran toward the sound. Ben ran after her. A few minutes passed, and they didn't come back. Just then, two little kids ran out. Danielle appeared.

"We have to stay together!" I said. They nodded. We ushered people out and ran upstairs to check if anyone was up there. A beam almost fell on us and we screamed. Ben behind us, pushed us forward and we checked all the rooms. The way down was trapped.

"What do we do now?!" Danielle screamed. I looked at Alex, who looked the most hurt. She had ash on her clothes and face and burn marks on her hand. Ben's hair was filled with dirt and ash. Danielle's clothes were completely dirty—something I never thought I'd see.

"We have to get out! Maybe by the window?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Why don't we just jump out of a building!" Danielle screamed.

"What else do we do?" She sighed tearfully. We ran to the window. Ben tried opening it. And even Alex tried.

"Altogether now." Ben spoke. "1-2-3." We all tried and used all our strength. Nothing. It wouldn't budge.

"Uh Skye?" Danielle spoke quietly. I didn't hear. I was trying to think of a way out. Me, Ben, and Alex were all thinking. The window wouldn't budge and our only exit was blocked.

"SKYE!" Danielle yelled. We all looked at her. She pointed up. The wood was coming apart. The attic was going to cave in!

"There's no way out. We're dead." Danielle cried.

"There has to be  a way out." Ben said and looked around.

Ben's POV:

I could lift the beam and break the window! Running to the beam, another piece of the ceiling fell in front of me. The fire burned against my hands that I used to shield to my face. I ran back to the rest. Danielle was crying and Skye looked terrified. A part of them I've never seen.

"What about all my mums stuff?! I left her diary downstairs!" Skye suddenly remembered. She wanted to run to her room but I pulled her back.

"It's too dangerous Skye!" I felt horrible. That's when the tears burned in my eyes and hers. I then realized that Alex disappeared.

"Where's Alex?" I asked. We looked around. We were in a small corridor, where could have She gone?

"Where is she? I'm worried!" Danielle admitted.

Danielle's POV:

Alex left 5 minutes ago! How are we sill alive? Did she leave us? Did she find a way out? Was she getting help? Where was she?!?! Another part of the ceiling gave way and we screamed.

"Where are the fire fighters!!" I screamed.

"Hopefully getting here soon!" Ben said. Always the optimistic one, isn't he?

"Where is Alex?!"

"She couldn't have left us."

"She probably went to get help." We all said ideas of where she could have gone.

"Calm down I'm right here." Someone coughed. We saw Alex.

"ALEX!" We all yelled. She was holding something. A book. She handed it to Skye.

"What?"

"Your mums diary." She answered. We all stared at her. She shrugged.

"I felt that you should have at-least one thing saved." She said rubbing her hand repeatedly.

"What happened to your hand?" Sky asked.

"Just a burn. It's fine." She said and limped towards the window.

"Your LIMPING!" I shrieked.

"I'm fine." She huffed. She stared out the window. We joined her. People were hugging each other, crying. Ed was looking around with fear and tension on his face. Where were our parents? Did they even care?! Just then, the whole ceiling gave way. Right on top of us.

That's when everything went black.

Narrator: Me

The firefighters and police pushed away the debris and found 4 teenagers. Bloody, bruised, hurt. Only 3 of them awake.

"DANIELLE!" Olivia yelled as her daughter was being reeled away on a stretcher. Her daughters eyes only opened slightly, but the voices for Danielle were far away. Like an echo.

"SKYE! No! Let me see my daughter!" Ed argued.

"Ben! What happened?! He's my brother!" Ethan said, trying to get to his brother. Tears streamed down his eyes as the paramedics held him back.

As for Alex, everyone else's eyes were open... except for hers. She heard voices but they felt thousand of miles away. She slipped into a deep sleep, no one knowing when she'd wake up.

Would she even wake up?
______________________________________________________

Alex sacrificed herself just to get Skye's mums diary. 😱😢😱

What will happen next?
Will they be alright?
What will have to the Lodge?
Will Alex wake up?

I'm not gonna spoil it...

But hey look at me, 2 chapters in one day!
Have a great day!
-Aleena