Finally!

Narrator: Me

It was three months later, and Alex was back to normal. Well... her ankle could be better, it was still healing. But one thing never escaped her mind, Damon. He was so familiar and she just could not put her finger on it. And then like magic, he walked through the front doors of the Lodge. Wearing a gray button down shirt with white jeans and black timberlands, he looked around. Danielle saw Alex watching him very closely, making the wheels turn in her head.
"Alex." No reply.
"Alex."
"Alex!" She turned her attention back to her friend.

"Why are you watching him?" She asked, grinning mischievously.

"Oh please. It's not what you think." She rolled her eyes.

"So you know him?"

"Not technically." Danielle raised her eyebrow.

"I only know his name. But he seems really familiar."

"Well obviously he's the Lodge's architectural designer." She stared at her, shocked.

"Architectural designer?" She said slowly. Just then, he walked over, a cup of juice in his hand.

"Feeling better Alex?" He asked smiling.

"Uh, Yeah. Much better." She tried to act like his presence was wanted.

"You don't want me here do you?"

"How did you know that!"

"You stammer and when you try to understand something that's just came as a shock to you, you say it slowly." They stared at him shocked, "not that I would know that."

"Why are you so familiar?"

"You don't remember me?"

"Am I supposed to?" He looked at her and then Danielle.

"Uh-I don't know. Remember the country fair 8 years ago?" A blank expression on her face, "Damon. From the bouncy castle."

"Nope. Still nothing."

"Lamon Damon." He sighed, blushing from the nickname.

"Lamon Damon. Hmm..." she thought. "Don't remember. Sorry. Might come back to me later." She patted him  on the shoulder and left. He sighed and walked away, leaving poor Danielle all alone. She shrugged everything that just happened off, and went to her phone. Scrolling through her texts, her finger stopped on the same person it always had: Kaylee.

Hesitantly, she typed two letters, h and I. She waited a few minutes and saw the bubble appear.
'Hey' her eyes widened and her mood elevated higher .
'Kaylee! Feels like 4ever since we talked'
'Yeah hows Alex'
'Good'
'And u?'
'Fine. I believe I deserve a gift rather than only Alex'
'🤔 sure'
'Wait really?!'
'Yeah'
'😆 shall I write a list'
'No no no I got it'
'Great.'
'Bye'
'Bye'

At least they talked a bit.
* * *

The sand wasn't as soft as it was under her boots as she walked towards the ocean. Not too close, but not too far. An icy wind blew and she tighten her jacket around her. Her blonde hair was tied into a French braid, set on her left shoulder, her black coat put over her gray sweater and the beanie on her had at least kept her ears warm... well, sort of. A million things where going through her head and could only be resolved by the quietness of the ocean during winter. She bent down and picked up a flat rock and threw it into the ocean, it sunk. She tried over and over again, but they all sank. She groaned frustratedly and walked to a bolder and sat on it. There was a good view of pretty much the whole coast.