Once

Narrator: Me

Alex opened her eyes slowly, trying to take in all the light in the room. She turned her head rather slowly toward the immense amount of flowers, candy, cards, and balloons that were put on the table beside her. She tried sitting up but fell back, for it was too painful. Just then, a girl with blonde hair and another with brown walked in. Both their eyes wide and a wide grin on their faces.
"ALEX!" Danielle shrieked. Alex stared at her through her half opened eyes.
"How are you feeling?" Skye asked, taking her book-bag off her back and placing it on the chair. Alex shook her head slightly, depicting she felt horrible.

"You had us real worried there." said Danielle, lowering her voice. Alex wanted to say something to her friends, ANYTHING, but nothing came out. Her throat felt dry and considering her throbbing head, she couldn't piece together what even caused her to be in the hospital... or why Danielle was so happy to see her. Noah, Ben, and surprisingly Sean walked in a bit later.
"Alex, how are you?" Ben and Noah asked. Alex didn't say anything, her eyes still trying to open fully. Sean rummaged through her cards and pulled out a beautiful card. Ben walked over to it, his eyes wide to see who sent it.
"Hey, it's from Kaylee." Ben said, and just at the perfect timing, a delivery man walked in, holding a new bike, the brand new Haibike xDuro All-Mountain 8.0 2018 Yamaha. Both Ben and Sean's eyes bulged out of their heads, shocked.
"Alex Walters?" The man said. They all looked at Alex who looked equally confused and he left a minute later. Noah walked over to it, to see a tag saying 'To Alex, from Kaylee.' A slight smile formed on his face.
"It has to be at least £4,900!" Ben gawked, making Noah a tad bit more interested in the bike.

"Why did Kaylee get her a present and not US?" Sean argued

"You weren't even there!" Danielle shot back, getting irritated.
"Alex was hurt the most." Skye shrugged.

Sean was still mesmerized by the bike and Danielle could see the wheels turning in his head.
"Don't even think about it Sean Mathews!" She warned.
"What?" He replied innocently. Ben, Skye, and Noah began teaming up on Sean, threatening that if he stole Alex's present, he'd never hear the end of it. As for Alex, she closed her eyes, silently wishing they'd all stop talking and fighting.
"Guys, shut up." Noah said, motioning to Alex who by now, if she could, would have ripped each of their heads off.
"Sorry." Danielle, Ben, and Skye whispered. When Alex didn't open her eyes 10 minutes later, they realized she had fallen asleep, or to Danielle's over reacting, passed out. She called the doctor that said she had in fact fallen asleep and that they all had to leave so she could get some rest.

* * *

Alex was fast asleep when she heard the door open, resulting in her eyes fluttering open. Well, as much as she could. She saw a boy walk in. From what she saw, he had green eyes, and dark auburn hair that could be mistook for brown that fell over his eyes. He walked over to her, sitting in the chair beside her. She looked at him, wondering who he was.
"Oh. Sorry didn't mean to wake you." He said sheepishly.
"I'm an artist, I've seen you around the North Star Lodge, riding your bike or working." He smiled, "Can you hear me?" She groaned as the pain in her head increased, signaling that she could hear him.
"I should go. I'm Damon by the way. Don't know if you'll remember." He smiled, and walked away, leaving a card and her favorite chocolates on the table.
(NOTHING TO DO WITH DAMON FROM VAMPIRE DIARIES 😏)
"Damon" Alex whispered, he sounded familiar. So very familiar, like an old friend that she had forgotten about. Something about his soft voice and soft eyes seemed as if they had met hers before. As if they had once talked. Once laughed, once did everything together.

Once.

* * *

Hello, how are you all today?
Personally, I'm very proud of this chapter and how it turned out.

This is how Damon looks like:

Well, tell me what you think about this chapter and feel free to give suggestions about what should be in the chapters leading to the end of Kaylee's first year in Australia

Have a great day!
-Aleena