18. Lies

(Jonathan POV)

"This is weird,"

 Finley pouts as he sits cross-legged on the kitchen floor and watches us as I do the dishes while Ashley checks something on his phone, with one arm wrapped around me.

 "What's weird?" Ash asks the curious child as he kisses my cheek before letting me go.

 "You two like each other. It's gross," he says and tilts his head while looking at both of us. His hazel-gray eyes going back and forth from one parent to the other.

 "We've always loved each other kiddo. I still don't understand why you find it weird," Ash replies and puts down his phone, leaning against the counter with his arms crossed. I finish the dishes and wipe my hands on my jeans.

 "Because you guys do this!"

 He hops up and swings his little fist in crazy motions while waving his arms in the air.

 "Not this," 

Fin hugs himself and sways while making kissy faces and I try to hold in my laughter while Ash lets it out.

 "Aish, Do we really fight that much?!" He asks me and I shrug with my hands in my pockets.

 "I suppose our child doesn't lie," I shrug and he Ash rolls his eyes. 

"No, but he sure does exaggerate!" Ash grabs hold of our little Finley, attacking him on the ground and tickling him. Laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes as I watch the two fight to the tickling death on the floor. 

But suddenly Ashley starts coughing and Finley immediately stops in his tracks. 

"Papa! Do you need the blue pill?"

He asks and I look at him confused. Ashley shakes his head but continues coughing. 

"Ash?" 

I come closer to him as he squeezes his eyes shut, the coughing doesn't stop.

 "Daddy! Papa needs his medicine!" Fin yells and I try to go to Ash but he keeps shaking his head. Coughing nonstop until with a loud thud, he hits the floor. 

"Ashley!"

I run up and grab him in my arms, blood was dribbling from his mouth in a small horrifying stream. There's a small rattle and I look up to see Finley holding out a small bottle of pills. 

Finley was oddly calm considering his father was bleeding and knocked out. 

So calm I started to believe this wasn't the first time.

I snatch the bottle from my son. Reading the label but skipping over the complicated name of the medication when I see who prescribed it.