45. The Blame Game

(^Johnny POV)

(^Johnny POV)

A wave of relief that only a parent could understand, courses through my veins as I see my child alive and breathing his face was a little muddy and tear-stained, his leg was wrapped up in a hard cast. 

Finley was still a little pale from the surgery, high blood loss, and having to go through two rounds of CPR on his way here but he was alive, breathing, and right in front of me. 

Which was a luxury some parents never get to have.

 I rush to my son's hospital bed, shoving the nurse drones aside as I grab Finley and hold him in my arms before he was even awake enough to recognize who I was and what I was doing. He was limp and tired but I could feel his little breaths on my neck as I squeezed him tight. 

"Daddy! You're choking me

"Daddy! You're choking me. I can't breath." He whines in a gasped breath and I loosen my grip on him just enough for him to breath again.

 "DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN FINLEY OLIVER GRAYSON!" I yell at him subconsciously while small tears had built up in the corners of my eyes and I kiss the top of his head over and over. 

"Are you going to punish me?" He whimpers and I pull away just enough to see he was crying. I quickly grab a few tissues from the small bedside table and wipe away his tears. 

"No baby boy, but why did you run away!? Do you know how much you scared me? The entire family was out looking for you! All of your aunts, uncles, and grandparents were out searching for you all night. Why did you run sweetheart?" I ask and he only cries harder.

 "I'm sorry daddy! I didn't mean to worry all of you guys! I just wanted to find Papa! He disappeared daddy, and I knew that if I brought him back home you would be happier so I went out looking for him but I couldn't find him. I failed the mission daddy and I couldn't bring Papa back to you! I'm sorry!" Finley cries out with so much passion I bring him back to me and hold him close.