50. Continued Flashback

(21 Years earlier)

(Ash POV)

"Hey, are you okay?" 

Johnny asked and I could only tiredly groan in response as I lay face down on his bare chest. He chuckles softly and rubs my back while we snuggled in bed together for the very first time. I tilt my head to the side to meet his gaze. 

"You know, I've had a lot of fantasies about this since we were thirteen years old. Never thought it would actually happen," I add to the tired moan and he rubs my shoulders. 

"Mmm...I could tell, that's why I've been shoving you away since the moment we hit puberty," he says and I punch his chest so hard it leaves a red mark on his pale skin.

 "Fuck you, Do you know how many times you broke my heart!" I yell and he laughs out loud. 

"You have a heart?! Sorry I didn't notice!" He exclaims and I narrow my eyes. 

"Go to hell," I growl and close my eyes again, wanting to sleep for just a little while longer. 

"Is this how you're going to be? Because if so I-" He starts but I disrupt him with my kiss against his soft lips. The warmth treads from our lips and spirals into this strange spark that only happens when I kiss him. I slowly find myself beneath him moaning gently with his harsh trail of kisses, running from my lips to my neck. 

But one question runs through my mind. 

"Johnny, how did you know?" I ask and he stops.

 He reads my mind and finished the sentence for me as he kisses the tip of my nose while caressing my face.

"I knew last night, when I held you in my arms as we danced. The relief I felt when that asshat broke up with you, because you deserve better. And I realized, I'm better. It all came together. There was one night when it was just you and me sitting on the roof of Grayson Enterprises, feeling like the kings of Bridgeport when you turned to me and told me you always felt like there was something missing. Well I've been missing something too and I realized last night that it was you," he explains in a soft voice that just tickles my ears and sets my heart on edge.

 I feel myself gulp nervously. 

Commitment has never been my thing and if I was going to be in this, I had to be dedicated because he deserved nothing but the best. 

"Okay," I sigh, and he flicks my forehead. 

"Okay? I tell you all that and all I get is an okay?!" I yell at him and he shakes his head.

"You're being sappy for no fucking reason. You know I'm not emotional like that," I shove him back and start getting dressed and ready for school.

 "Sometimes, I wish you were," he sighed as I threw his uniform at him. 

"We have school in like ten minutes, you know we'll get our asses handed to us by the headmaster if we're late,"