12. Crossing Lines

(Ash POV)

I gently run my fingers through Johnny's messy brown hair as he lays his head on my bare chest with his arms wrapped around me, holding me so tight it was almost as if he was scared I would just disappear.

 As if this was a one night stand and wasn't my hotel room, to begin with. I don't know where he thinks I'm going but it's actually kind of cute to see him so vulnerable.

 "You okay?" I ask and he nods slightly.

 "Yeah...well no...but I'll be okay," He groans and I can't help but laugh at this while twirling a small piece of his soft hair. 

Jonathan nuzzles his head on my soft skin and cuddles as close as our bodies allow with his legs wrapped around my right leg. He gently kisses my chest with his soft lips.

 "I missed your laugh," He sighs and a small pain throbs in my heart with guilt. 

"This is just a one-time thing you know," Slips out of my mouth to remind him. His nails dig into my skin as he squeezes me tight and the pain in my heart worsens. 

"I-I know...just let me have a moment and I'll leave," he says and I wrap him in my arms. Kissing the top of his head. 

"No, I didn't mean you had to leave right away, you can stay with me. I know you haven't been getting much sleep anyway." I try to make up for it and he tilts his head up to look at me. 

"No, It's fine. I'll go. I know you probably don't want me around anyway." he says and goes to sit up.

 The cold from where he once was attacks me and I grab him, pulling him back down. But when I do this the bandages on my hand slip off unveiling my cut up hand as I grip his chest.

 He no longer carried the muscle he used to have, evaporated from long nights of insomnia and depression which worried me. Holding him now, I could feel ribs that weren't poking out before. 

"Ash..."

 He takes hold of my hand, examining the large cuts that I probably should have gotten stitched up, but remain scabbed and open.

 "Honey, what really happened to your hand?" He asks and I decide to be honest. 

"I got a little emotional and took it out on my bathroom mirror," I admit and he turns to me. 

"Well, no shit but why?" He asks next and I let go of him, laying back into bed and curling up with the sheets. 

"Because I missed you," I confess while closing my eyes. I feel a sudden shift in the bed as he curls up next to me and presses himself to my back, peeking his head over my shoulder and kissing my cheek. 

"I missed you too but you don't see me punching shit," he chuckles and I wanted to hit him but stop myself because he was so sweet when he was tired.

 "Shut up Intern," I grumble and he snorts.

 "Okay Mr. Karasuma, or should I say Daddy instead?" Johnny turns around and I feel the gap between us.

With a loud annoyed sigh, I turn around and wrap my arms around his waist as I hold him in my arms.

 "Pain in the ass," I mutter under my breath. 

"No you're a pain in my ass, I feel like you destroyed my insides." he curses back and I try to hold in my laughter.

 "I told you I'd sink the S.S Intern," I gently plant my lips on the nape of his neck sending a visible shiver down his spine.

 "No, you fucking capsized the s.s intern. I'm out of commission for a week bitch." Johnny kicks back hitting my knees. 

"Ow, actually, In this situation I think you're the bitch now," I turn it around thinking I was about to get a speech about how much he hates me for stealing his dominance.

 "I love you," He whispers and closes his beautiful gray eyes. '

"Go to sleep Johnny,"