28. Til Death Due Us Part

(^Jonathan^ POV)

(^Jonathan^ POV)

I just open my eyes to feel a heavy weight on my chest in a pitch black room with the smell of hospital invading my senses. I struggle to sit up but there's a loud groan and I pat around to find a face, at just the touch of his smooth skin I instantly knew it was Ash.

"You're awake,"

He groans and a bright light attacks my corneas and I shrink back. Hitting myself in the head with something as hard as a rock. When I finally regain the ability to see, I look down to see the rock was a cast on my left arm.

"Did you beat me up while I was sleeping? Again?" I ask Ash and he rolls his eyes.

"Haha very funny, glad to know you've kept your sense of humor for being such a fucking liar." He says and I look at him confused.

"I'm the liar? This is coming from the biggest liar of them all," I comment as I scratch the black cast, feeling itchy.

"I'm fine? All this time you told me you were fine. I never told you I was fine you piece of shit. Do you think I like seeing you like this? With everything going on?!" He asks and I burst out laughing.

"You know all this bullshit spewing from your mouth could be reversed in a heartbeat but whatever. My health is none of your concern. Let me worry about it."

I scoff and instantly regret it when he grabs hold of my hospital gown and shoves me back with maximum force into the hard hospital mattress.

"It's none of my concern? Don't worry about it?"

He asks in this deep threatening voice and I feel myself physically gulp. His grip tightens as his hazel eyes fixated on me, Using all his strength to hold me down.

"HOW CAN I NOT WORRY WHEN YOU'RE LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF ME! AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T CAUSE MY ILLNESS BUT YOU COULD HAVE DIED OF STARVATION BECAUSE OF ME YOU FUCKING IDIOT, AND NO YOU CAN NOT REVERSE THESE WORDS BECAUSE YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING TO HURT ME."

He screams in my face and I slowly reach up my right hand. Trying to loosen his grip on me but he only continues to release his anger.

"But I have hurt you. Fucking hell Johnny I've hurt you. I have hurt you mentally, emotionally, and now physically. Don't you know this only adds to the amount of guilt I have to live with?
The screaming pain in my shitty heart that I have to face each time I tell you how much I love you, how beautiful and amazing you are, only to get this stupid look that tells me you don't believe me.
All because I fucking left you.
I LEFT. YES. WE GET IT."