25. Tell Me You Love Me

(Ashley POV)

(Ashley POV)

"Finley, you can't fall asleep on the floor,"

 Jonathan stands over our son with a hand on his hip and the other running through his thick brown hair in frustration.

 "I nap wherever I want to nap, You can't tell me what to do daddy," Fin pouts as he closes his eyes in on the rug in the middle of the living room.

 "Fin, that's not how this parenting thing works. You see I tell you what to do and you listen to everything I say because it's in your best interest. You're going to hurt your back if you keep doing this." Jonathan sighs as he gets down on his knees next to the indignant little devil.

 "No, you listen to me mister. I'm going to sleep right here and you can't stop me," Finley huffs and I hold in my laughter while taking a bite of a chocolate covered strawberry while looking over something at the kitchen island of our NYC penthouse.

 Jonathan looks at me for help but I just shrug.

 "Let the kid sleep on the floor if he's going to be so steadfast about it," I yawn but Jonathan gives me that angry glare.

 "He has a perfectly good bed upstairs, I don't understand why he keeps doing this." He groans as he tries to pick him up but Fin wiggles away from him. 

"Finley Oliver Grayson," I call out and Fin's head snaps up and he looks at me. I never said his full name unless I meant business.

 "Upstairs, bed, now." I point and he pouts while attempting to go against me but I give him a serious look and he follows my order. I can hear him stomp his way up the penthouse stairs and slam his bedroom door. Jonathan looks at me exhausted. 

"How the fuck did you do that?" he asks as he lets out a sigh before falling over sideways. 

"I'm the assertive one, you give him too many options and he goes ballistic. For a five year old, he sure does love taking advantage of people. It's like a hobby of his," I tell him my secret as I sit down next to his exhausted body, taking the plate of strawberries with me.

 He grabs one and fips onto his back, taking a bite of it. 

"Wow...I wonder who he got that from," He smirks as he takes another bite of the strawberry, finishing it and flicking the little green leafy thing back at me. 

"I don't take advantage of people," I defend myself as I take another strawberry and hover it over his mouth. He tries to take a bite of it but I yank it away again. 

"Fine, you don't take advantage of people." He huffs and I let him take a bite before I pull it back and eat the rest of it.

 "On purpose," He adds as he licks his lips.