5. Internal Affairs

(Ashley POV)

"You're awfully quiet today,"

 I press the intern as I rotate the hologram with my pointer finger.

 "I'm always quiet," He huffs as he watches me. 

"Yeah but there's levels to your quiet, there's content quiet, angry quiet, and creepy quiet. Today it's creepy quiet." I explain. He pushes up his glasses and leans back against my desk as he takes note of the numbers floating in the air. 

"I never knew there were levels to my quiet sir." He says and I stop turning the floating chart. Turning to him. The dark circles under his dark brown eyes were the only sign of distress. But his relaxed nature had an tenseness to it that I had to weed out.

 "Stop being so creepy then and talk for once," I add and he rolls his eyes. 

"Everytime I try to talk you tell me to shut up," He crosses his arms and arches his brow.

 "Yeah because I'm sick of hearing your voice," I reply standing next to him. 

"Then why bother talking if your just going to silence me," he eyes me. 

"Because I like your voice. It's so calm and relaxing." I say sarcastically.

 "Bullshit, if it was you wouldn't be so annoyed!" he points out. 

"You make me so self-conscience over things I never thought you could be self-conscious about." He mutters under his breath.

 "Like what?! Your VOICE!?" I laugh and he starts to blush. 

"Shut up," he grumbles, dodging his eyes to the floor where his dress shoe nudges the carpet. His light brown hair just falls over his face to hide his eyes.

 "You can't tell me to shut up! I'm your boss!" I gasp, pretending to be offended and he hunches over and attempts to waddle back to his desk but I grab hold of his arm and hold him back. 

"Where do you think you're going?" I yell at him as he comes back to my side, crossing his arms with his head hung in shame. 

"I'm going to go bury myself in work while having a self conscience pity party," he huffs and I rest my arm on his shoulder.

 "A self conscience pity party sounds good right about now. My son cast me off last night and refuses to talk to me about anything," I confide in him and he finally looks up at me.

 "Mine did something similar too, I guess we're in the same boat for once," he adds with a small smirk.

 "Ew, I don't want to be in the same boat as my intern. I want a bigger and better boat," I add and he chuckles softly.

 "Compensating for something?" He gets bold and looks me up and down with a small smirk. 

"Excuse me?! My ship is so big it doesn't need compensating," I scowl and he laughs. 

"I'll have you know the S.S Intern might be small but it's quite powerful, I can beat your giant ship any day." He puffs out his chest and stands tall but I smack his flat chest and he dramatically doubles over, falling off his high horse. 

"Shut up!" I yell while trying to contain my laughter but he stands up straight again and faces me. 

"Who's the self conscience one now?! Huh!" The Intern strikes back and I feel the need to prove my dominance as I turn around and smack my hands on the desk, standing over him. 

The intern shrinks back, leaning further into the desk as his face stands nearly inches away from mine. I narrow my eyes and he slips, falling flat onto the desk. He quickly props himself up on his elbows and blushes heavily when he realizes I'm in between his legs, hovered over him. 

He tries to look away but I grab hold of his tie, getting his attention. As we look into each other's eyes, his laughter dies but the amusement stays. He visibly gulps as I inch closer to him, and his eyes start to flutter, falling from my eyes to my lips and I hold him for a few seconds. 

Judging as to whether or not he would make the first move. 

But instead his eyes peer into mine, begging me to try. 

And with that I proceed to drop him. 

He falls back onto the desk with a loud thud as his head smacks the hard oak and groans.

 "I believe I've sunk the S.S intern,"

I laugh as he sits up an stares at me, Completely speechless.

 Good.