Prologue Part 2

We left the classroom and entered the hallway, immedately being greated with the color purple.

"Jeez . . ." the boy started, "This hallway is kind of weird, too."

"Heh," I chuckled nervously, "you're telling me."

We stood in silence for a few seconds till he broke it, saying we should head to the main hall, which I agreed to.

We looked around for a second till I saw on my right a giant pair of double doors covered in what looked like velevt. I walked over to them and felt cold.

"Ugh," I whispered to myself, "I hate this feeling. What's behind here? The headmaster's room perhaps?"

"Hey!" the boy called out making me turn around. "Let's check this way."

I nodded and ran towards him. Once we rounded the corner the color of the hallway changed from purple to green, so it wasn't painted like I thought it was - just the lights changed colors.

After a bit of walking I stopped in front of a door with 'KEEP OUT' tape acrossed it. I looked up and saw a sign that said Store - from what I could read, since there was a sign over that.

"It's over here," he said. I turned around and saw him standing in front of a pair of open doors. I nodded and we both walked in once I got closer. Lucky us, the hall was already filled eith other students.

"Whoa, hey! More new kids?" A boy called out.

"Huh?" the boy next to me began. "Then you guys are all . . .?"

"Yeah . . ." a girl replied. "We're all new here. Today's supposed to be our first day of class."

"So counting them, that makes sixteen. Seems like an okay cut-off point, but I wonder if this is everyone. . ." someone else added.

I felt so overwhelmed now. Seeing all these other Ultimate Students reminded me what I was getting into once I enrolled into Hope's Peak. But I'm just like them; I'm am Ultimate too! All of these people were so unique and I swear each one of them had their own aura. I took a deep breath and tried to look more confident. A few other students shouldn't scare me! I've been to a school before!

"Um . . . how's it going?" the boy who remained next to me started. "My name's Makoto Naegi, and sorry we're late," -he jestured towards me as well as himself. "A bunch of stuff happened, and then all of a sudden I was just . . . asleep."

"Whoa, you too?" A boy replied. He had hair that seemed to just stick out from his head like the hairs were inserted that way. He had a jacket slung over his shoulders, two shirts under that, high waisted pants that reminded me of sweatpants and sandles on his feet.

"Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser . . ." a girl thought aloud. Her hair parted in the center into two ponytails that swirled around and around till they reached the ends, and she wore an outfit that reminded me of a mix of a maid's outfit and a tuxedo.

"So strange . . . I declare beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a strange situation indeed!" someone else had added. I stopped paying attention for a minute and tried to piece some things together. Then someone's demanding voice snapped me out of my thinking

"Makoto and the other boy!" I jumped and gave that person my attention. He had dark purple hair spiked up, piercing red eyes, and wore a suit resembling an official. "Your tardiness is unacceptable! Surely you were aware the meeting was to start at 8 a.m. sharp! To be late on your first day is unspeakable! I must report you two, and you must accept your due punishment!" I didn't like him already.

"What's your problem?" A girl with pastel pink hair began to tell him off. "It's not like they *wanted* to be late. They didn't have any control over it."