Chap. 2 Class Trial Part 7

"Uh-oh. . . ." Monokuma spoke out. "This time it looks like . . . you got it right again! Yes, it is so. The blackened that killed Chihiro Fujisaki was . . . Mondo Owaaadaaaa!"

The guilty was silent, only looking at the floor.

"In case you're wondering," he continued, "the vote was NOT unanimous. Kiyotaka chose the wrooong answer!" He then gave a scolding look towards Taka. "You're treading very close to the danger zone, Mr. Ishimaru! You need to be more careful!"

Taka stood frozen, a shocked look on his face as he looked at Mondo with sad eyes. "I-I refuse to believe it. . . . There's no way . . . no way he would kill someone!"

"Sorry. . . ." Was Mondo's only response.

"Why. . . ." I said slowly as we all stepped out of our seats and most moved away from Mondo. "Wh-Why did you do it. . .?" I made my way over to him and as he continued to look at the floor, I grabbed his jacket collar and screamed at him.

"WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO, HUH!? WHY THE FUCK DID YOU KILL HIM!?"

I shook Mondo some more and he just continued to look away from me. Makoto yelled my name and I soon felt hands around my waist, pulling me away from the killer. I thrashed in his arms, wanting - no, needing - to know why he did it.

"Wh-Why did you apologize!?" Taka yelled as well, tears welding in his eyes. "Why!? Why why why why why!? WHYYY!?" He was now bawling- "Wh . . . why? Why did you do it!?"

Again, still no response. To this silence, Monokuma stepped in front of Mondo to reply.

"Well, it looks like Mondo's taken a vow of silence, so allow me to explain on his behalf. . . . The story of the murder this time . . . is the sad story of two men.

"There was once a young boy. . . . And his name was Chihiro Fujisaki. He had an extreme inferiority complex regarding his own lack of strength. "You're so weak, even though you're a boy!" He'd heard things like that as long as he could remember, and he couldn't overcome his weakness. On the contrary, he tried to hide and buried himself further and further into that weakness . . . to take on the fragile form of a petite young girl. He had chosen that as his way out.

"But no matter how tightly he wrapped himself up in that shell . . . the inferiority complex had already taken root deep inside of him, and was not so easily weeded out. As it turned out, the shell was completely empty. The complex didn't disappear. Instead, it only grew stronger and stronger.

"Once the killing game had begun here at the school, he had no choice but to accept this fact. After all, this world is survival of the fittest. If you're not strong, you don't survive. And then the lovely and hateful Monokuma announced the revealing of the embarrassing secrets. Which, of course, included Chihiro's embarrassing secret, which I was more than willing to divulge. . . .

""Even though he dresses like a girl, Chihiro is actually a boy."

"And that was something Chihiro couldn't let anyone find out, no matter the cost. If that was revealed, it would be the end. The hardened shell would crack, the armor would fall away. Without a doubt, those around him would torture him more than ever before. Everyone figured being thrust into such a dilemma must have sent him spiraling into despair."

"Ch-Chihiro. . . ." I whispered to myself, feeling tears streak down my face. Was he really going to tell me this?

"I'd really like to, its just . . . I-I have to be somewhere."

Thinking that made me start loudly bawling like a baby. I turned around and hugged Makoto and cried into his left shoulder. Did he really truely trust me that much?