Chapter 2 Class Trial Part 1

Monokuma started out like he did the last time. "Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results.

"If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will recieve punishment. But if you pick the wrong one . . . then I'll punish everyone else *besides* the blackened, and the one who decieved everyone else will graduate!

"Okay then," he began to push the subject onto us, "so first off. . . . Let's talk about the murder weapon!"

Sakura began her input. "Chihiro's fatal injury. . . . It appears it was a head wound."

"According to the Monokuma File," Taka joined in, "the killer used a "blunt instrument", but. . . . What kind of "blunt instrument" could it have been!?"

"I bet it was an iron pipe!" Hiro suggested confidently.

Makoto stopped him. "Can we agree that the object that dealt the fatal blow was the dumbbell, found at the scene of the crime? It was covered in blood, and there was nothing else at the scene that could have caused that kind of injury."

"And the wound on the victim's head was consistent with the shape of the dumbbell," Kyoko agreed. "As far as I'm concerned, there's no mistake and no room for doubt on this one."

Hina looked disturbed. "You . . . looked at her head wound?"

Hifumi screamed. "Kyaaah! That's sooo creeeeepy!" Kyoko had nothing else to say.

"It shouldn't matter," I said with a monotone voice. "She did it to try and solve this crime. It's always best to get your evidence rock solid before presenting it." Kyoko smiled and nodded at me.

"If you don't mind," Byakuya spoke right after I finished, "I will proceed from here. Let's move on to discussion of the culprit. Although, I believe the criminal behind this heinous act is already quite clear."

"What? For real!?" Hiro asked in shock.

"Chihiro's killer is . . . the fiendish serial killer, Genocide Jack! The culprit is Genocide Jack, I'm sure of it. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned."

"But . . ." Hina began a rebuttle, "that's impossible!"

"Why? What makes it impossible?"

"Well, I mean . . . come on. . .! There's just no proof for it!"

"I . . ." Makoto started slowly, "might know a reason he could be involved. . . ."

"What!?" Hina gasped.

"I found this file while I was looking around the archive in the library. . . ." He showed us a black book with the words "Murder Cases of Genocide Jack" on the cover, along with "TOP SECRET" in a box below it.

"I guess it's some kind of confidential file the police put together about the Genocide Jack case," he explained.

"What. . .?" Mondo asked. "That's kinda weird as shit, isn't it? What was something like that doing in the library?"

Byakuya pushed up his glasses. "The why of it is probably more trouble than it's worth, so let's forget about that for now. More importantly, it outlines all the specifics of every Genocide Jack case in exceeding detail.

"According to the file," he continued, "there appear to be two defining characteristics in every Genocide Jack case. The first is that a bloody message is found written at the scene of every murder."

Hifumi pushed up his glasses as well, but with a lot of confidence. "Oh," he said in a pretty deep voice, "that's right! "Booblust"!"

Hina sighed. "Uh, no . . . it's actually "bloodlust". . . ."