Chap. 1 Daily Life Part 5

I woke up the next morning after talking to Chihiro the previous night and took a few minutes to freshen myself up - brush my teeth, brush my hair, wash my face, take my medicine; the usual - then heard my doorbell go off. I walk over to it when I finished and saw Taka standing there.

"Good morning (yn)!" he said with open arms.

"Morning Taka. What's up?"

"I'll make this quick - the others might be getting impatient."

"'Others'? What's going on, is something wrong?"

"I've come to let you know that we are holding a meeting in the dining hall, and hopefully we will be able to do this every day after. This way, it'll bring everyone together and be a nice way to start the day!"

"Okay. Sounds cool."

"Great! Please come to the dining hall at your earliest convience then!" Taka then walked away and I started after him, not forgetting to make sure I locked my room door.

Arriving at the dining hall, I got a glance around the room and it looked like everyone had shown up. I quickly made my way to the other side of the room where Chihiro was standing as Taka began talking again.

"Okay, looks like everyone's here. So then, let's begin our very first "breakfast meeting"!"

We all sat down and made ourselves comfortable when Taka stopped speaking.

"Everyone," Taka started after a few seconds of silence, "thank you for making time in your busy schedules to come together."

"I didn't make time for shit," Leon complained. "You dragged me here. . . ."

Taka seemed to ignore Leon's words though. "I know I already mentioned this earlier, but . . . in order to get out of here, it is essential that we all cooperate with each other. And the first step is this breakfast meeting, to allow us to become friends and build trust! So from now on, let's all meet here in the dining hall every morning after the morning announcement!

"Now then," -he rubbed his hands together with a big smile- "let's eat!"

As most of us started standing up to get some food, Toko spoke just barely loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You w-want me to eat breakfast with other p-people?" she questioned with a blush. "I've never done that b-before. I'm not s-sure. . . ."

"Yeah," Leon added to that, leaning back in his seat, "it's been a while for me, too." The rest of us who did get some food (including Chihiro and me) sat down and started eating after that.

"Well anyway. . . ." Junko started. "Did anyone happen to come up with any clues?" Everyone stayed silent. "Seriously? Nothing at all!? Anything, it can be about how to get out, or who's doing this, nobody's got anything!?"

"We just need to look a little more," I started. "Maybe there's a way to get rid of those gates on the stairs and we can search the 2nd floor. There could be something up there!"

Some shrugged, others thought about it and a few - mainly Byakuya - flat out ignored my words, but after a bit of silence, Celeste shocked everyone with her next few words.

". . . You are going to die."

"Huh. . .?" Junko replied with worry.

"If you can't stop yourself from showing weakness in front of others . . . you will die."

"Wh-What the hell? Don't even freaking joke about that!" At least she seemed to loosen up a bit.

"I am not joking." Junko tensed up again and grew more angry and worried. "Adaptability is survivability. Did I not say so? So you'd better hurry up and adapt to your new life here."