Chap. 1 Class Trial Part 7

"Uh-oh!" Monokuma cheered. "Looks like you got it right on the money! The blackened in this case, the one that killed Sayaka . . . was none other than Leon Kuwata!"

We all moved away from our desks and most of us tried to stay as far away from Leon as possible. He was speachless, his jaw almost ready to fall to the floor.

"Huh?" he spat out quickly. "H-Hold on a second. . . ."

"Leon. . . ." Makoto spoke slowly. "Leon, did you really . . . kill Sayaka?"

"I don't believe it. . . ." Hina gasped with a hand over her mouth.

"Son of a bitch. . .!" Mondo insulted. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"I-I didn't have a choice. . . ." Leon replied. "It was kill or be killed! S-So that's why . . . I killed her first." He then sprung right back into anger. "None of you are any different! One wrong step, and you'd be the one standing here! It was complete chance that I wound up like this! I was just . . ." -he chuckled a little, but remained angry- "unlucky! That's all. . . ." Mondo grunted in response.

"H-Hey, come on. . .!" Leon then looked like he might run for it, hands near his sides and his feet spread apart. "You expect me to just accept my death!?"

This was all impossible to swallow. Some of us looked like we might faint. This trial was all to much stress for me, but we did it. Sadly, learning the truth isn't rewarding or satifying at all. Becuase of uncovering the truth, we learned that Sayaka might've tried to frame Makoto if she wasn't killed by Leon. But why? Why did she really want to do this? What drove her over the edge to where she would even think of killing someone? I might never find out.

"It's all because of that video. . . ." Makoto then said, breaking our silence. "Even I couldn't handle what I saw in there." Was he . . . talking about Sayaka's motive video? Had he seen it?

"If I was her, and the video actually had something to do with me, I can't even imagine. . . . The one thing that was most important to her than anything else - her dreams, her friends. . . .

"To have to see something like that happen to them. . . . And Sayaka. . . ." Makoto's head hung low as he thought more and more. Who knows what was going on in his mind, but he was surely heartbroken. Sayaka was going to use him, and learning your friend was going to frame you for murder is definitely something that can break you. I wish I could comfort him, but Monokuma spoke before I could move.

"Boy howdy!" he said with his paws over his mouth. "The entertainment industry must sure be terrifying, huh!? I mean, to try and kill someone just because of those relationships! She seemed so nice and lovely on the outside, but inside . . . she's descended into pure madness!"

"Wh . . ." Makoto head raised a little, but he still sounded hollow, "what did you say?"

"I understand, really I do. Yup yup! You're in utter despair thanks to Sayaka's betrayal, right? Compassion, intimacy, love. . . . The stronger those feelings, the stronger the despair when they collapse!"

"Stop screwing with us!" Makoto yelled. He sounded on the verge of tears. "This is all your fault! Sayaka being forced to do something like that. . . . All of it. . . . Everything. . .! It's all your fault!"

Then, as quickly as he finished yelling, Makoto ran towards Monokuma, tears now falling down his cheeks. My eyes widened and I tried to run after him, even if he was on the other side of the room.

"Makoto-" I tried to yell at him, but Kyoko got to him before me.

"That's enough," she scolded. She stood between Monokuma and Makoto, watching him to make sure he didn't try to do around her. Her gaze never moved from Makoto's body.