Chapter 2 Deadly Life Part 1

I cried as I knew we'd start the cycle again. Investigate, trial, punishment. Investigate, trial, punishment. Investigate . . . trial . . . punishment. . . .

I sobbed as by the time went on, someone else screamed too. This time it was Taka. They see something and I don't want to even think about it being a body, but my hope crumbled as another announcement came on.

"A body has been discovered!" Monokuma cheered. "After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

I gasped and tried to breathe as I processed his words.

"A-Another . . . m-m-murder. . . ."

I felt sick. Thinking back to Sayaka's body . . . Leon's punishment. . . . I couldn't help but want to stay here for forever. I want to help with the investigation, I want to be of use, but I can't. My body won't let me.

Soon, there was a knock at the locker room door and it opened to reveal a pale faced Makoto. He frowned seeing me sob on the floor and came over to me, crouching down to my level.

"S-So. . . ." I started slowly. "Y-You f-found-."

"Y-Yeah. . . ." His voice was as shakey as mine. I don't doubt it; it's just so hard to believe someone's dead . . . again.

"Wh-Who?" I asked, looking him in the eyes now.

He physically tensed up, looking away and clenching his jaw. "Y-You . . . you may want to see for yourself. . . ."

My breathing quickened again as Makoto helped me to my feet. I was so scared I refused to let go of his hand. I looked up at him as he internally sighed, gripping my hand and leading the way.

I looked at the floor, refusing to remove my eyes from my now entrancing (random color) shoes. I heard the girls locker room door open and we started walking again.

"About time," Byakuya stated, obviously annoyed. "Where did you go?"

"Next door. (yn) hadn't left yet so I went to check on him."

"Is that why you're holding his hand as if he were a child?"

I blushed and slowly removed my hand from Makoto's grasp, not wanting him to be teased by Byakuya any longer.

"Well, let's go-."

"H-Hang on." I heard shuffling and saw Makoto's shoes face me. I then felt a hand on my right shoulder and I flinched.

"You okay?" he asked in a caring tone.

I shook my head. "I-I don't wanna look."

Byakuya sighed loudly. "Just look at her body before I make you."

Her body. Her. . . .

I rapidly blinked for a second as Makoto removed his hand. I swallowed and remaining saliva and quickly looked up, immediately regretting it.

Her body was suspended upright between two pull up bar-like machines, her feet off the ground as well. Her head was tilted towards the ground, blood trailing from her head down to her feet. Huge words written in blood were behind her reading 'BLOOD LUST'.

Chihiro . . . was dead. That . . . was her body.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" I screamed loudly, tears flowing from my eyes and my hands covering my mouth. I began to tremble as I screamed, Makoto quickly rushing in front of me to block the sight in a hug, but I watched her lifeless body from over his right shoulder.

I continued to shake and yell and scream as my legs gave out and I fell onto Makoto, making him bring us both onto our knees. My head hit his shoulder as I refused to stare at her any longer.

"IT CAN'T BE . . . IT CAN'T! NO NO NO!" I yelled more nonsense as Makoto continued to hold me close. I wailed and screamed into his shoulder but he never lessoned his grip on me.

After a while my screams stopped and I just cried.

"I-It can't . . . wh-why . . . I-I-I. . . ." Makoto started to shush me as I slowly felt my consciousness leave me. The blood, the death, Chihiro . . . it was all to much.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry. . . ." I closed my eyes and went limp in Makoto's arms.