Chap. 2 Class Trial Part 4

Everyone gasped from the news I presented.

"Ah, I see" Hifumi said with a smile. "So "she" was actually a he. Interesting. Thank you for confirming this fact." His face then went into utter shock. "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?"

". . . You're joking, right?" Hiro asked back seriously.

"Why the hell would I lie about my friend like that!?" I yelled back at him.

"Th-Th-Then. . . ." Taka stuttered. "Then it's really true!?"

Everyone looked back at the girl we thought we knew.

Chihiro, I thought to myself as I felt tears weld up in my eyes, is this what your secret was? Is this what you were going to tell me? Why? Why didn't you say it if it was?

"Chihiro was . . . a guy?" Makoto asked.

"Hmm?" Monokuma tilted his head in confusion. "Oh what, you guys didn't know? Heck, I knew that right off the bat! Chihiro Fujisaki was totally a guy!"

"Th-Then . . ." Jill stuttered, "he was a cross-dresser!?" She then blushed more and started jumping around. "Now I'm REALLY on fire! I wish I HAD killed him!"

"So that's what Kyoko wanted to show everyone, huh? Interesting. . . ." The girl being spoken about stayed silent. "Puhuhu. Yes, that certainly does make things much more exciting! Now let's ride this wave of excitement back to the courtroom and get back to the trial!"

Monokuma began hopping out of the room and everyone else followed. I stayed behind a bit and watched Chihiro's body.

"You okay?" Makoto's soft voice came from behind me and a hand landed on my right shoulder.

I let my tears fall and sort of shrugged. "I'm just a little shocked sh - he . . . didn't let me know sooner. . . ."

After what felt like a minute in still silence, I felt Makoto grab my right hand and we began walking towards the courtroom again. I didn't let go this time - I stayed as close to him as possible. I was still quite shocked by the news and wasn't ready to go back to that damn trial. Makoto only squeezed my hand a couple of times as we walked back to the elevator and went back to the trial.

"Ahem!" Monokuma gained our attention after everyone was back in their seats. "I do apologize for keeping you waiting. Now then, let's resume the class trial!

"We've all just learned of the shocking revelation that Chihiro was a boy! Let's pick up from there!"

"Yes well . . ." Kyoko started us off, "I don't know his reason for hiding it, but the fact is, Chihiro was not a girl, but a boy."

"I have a question for you really quick," I said, angerly glaring at Kyoko from my spot. "What the fuck made you think it was okay to touch him like that!?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"DON'T PLAY DUMB!" I screeched, everyone but Kyoko and a few others jumped back a little. "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DECIDE TO SEARCH CHIHIRO LIKE THAT!? WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU IT WAS OKAY TO TOUCH A PERSON OR A BODY TO FIND OUT THAT HE WAS A HE!?"

"I figured it was relevent to the case, and was I wrong?"

"How the fuck are you right!?"

"Because the victim was male, he would have had no problem gaining access to the boys locker room. Without truely knowing he was a boy, this trial might have been left at a stand still."

I stayed silent in response, still ticked off she decided to do such a thing to him.

Byakuya pressed on like my argument never happened. "Assuming his handbook did, in fact, list his gender as male . . . then yes, that would be true."