Chap. 1 Investigation Part 2

I made my way to the trash room - which was right by my room - and opened the door. Once I walked in, I was greeted with a big gate in the front of the room, like the one's you see when mall stores are closed. It was a few feet in front of me and behind it was about thirty feet of more room, and an incinerator was at the back of the room. I began to walk towards the fence and saw a hatch on the floor. It was locked so I couldn't investigate it more.

I stepped closer to the sturdy gate, but Monokuma appeared in front of me, stretching his arms out as if to block me (even if he's about two feet tall).

"It's the end of the line," he spoke. "The trash room. . . . This is where all the trash in the school winds up."

I sighed, quite obviously annoyed by his presence. "I can see that." I changed the subject.

"How do you get the gate open?"

"No no no!" He tried to push me away now, it not exactly working well in his favor. "No entry beyond this point! Only the person on cleaning duty is allowed in!"

"Cleaning duty. . .?" I didn't think we had that. I wasn't sure where the trash went, but I wasn't really expecting a cleaning duty.

"No no no!" He copied his actions from before. "No entry beyond this point! Only the person on cleaning duty is allowed in!"

"Who's on cleaning duty?"

He repeated the same sentence again. I knew he was a robot, so what he now set on a loop? I was getting annoyed again. I tried to go around him, but he just repeated himself again and tried to push me away. I rolled my eyes and stepped backwards, Monokuma then disappearing - thank God.

I wasn't sure who was on cleaning duty, so I decided to leave and try to find Chihiro so I could ask her about the string of numbers.

I got to her room and rang the doorbell to see if she was in there, but no reply. I then turned away and kept looking, finally finding her in the gym, of all places.

I walked over to her with a smile and she returned one, looking a lot less nervous than she was before I came towards her.

"Hey Chihiro," I greeted. "I was hoping I could ask you something."

She tilted her head to the side. "Sure thing. What is it?"

"Well, before Sayaka died, she left a message and I was hoping you could decode it. She wrote the numbers 11037. Do you know if they could be a code or something. . .?"

Chihiro puffed out her cheeks and thought. It was actually kind of cute. "Umm. . . . Sorry, no. . . ." She shook her head slowly. "I-I'm sorry. . . . I just don't know." She had tears in her eyes.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it and thanks for trying." I said my goodbyes and headed out.

Once I entered the entrance to the gym I stopped. Could she have been lying to me? Do those numbers really mean something? No . . . there's no way Chihiro would lie to me - we swore to be trustworthy to each other, she wouldn't lie. I shook off the disbelief I had in my friend and moved on, leaving the room.

I remembered passing Taka in the hallway. Maybe he knows something about the cleaning duty. It's worth a shot, I guess.

I walked up to him once I saw him and asked him if he knew anything about the cleaning duty thing.

"Cleaning duty, eh?" he started. "As a matter of fact, Monokuma came and talked to me yesturday morning!"

"He did?" I asked back.

Taka nodded. "He probably realized I was basically in charge, so he decided to talk to me directly. The ropic of the conversation was . . . assigning cleaning duty!"