Chap. 1 Daily Life Part 4

*Ding dong, bing bong*

An alarm like sound woke me from my sleep, making me turn to the left. Once I opened my eyes, I looked at the wall near my bathroom and saw a small monitor with Monokuma on it.

"What's going on now?" I mumbled to myself, watching the screen.

"Good morning, everyone!" Monokuma started "It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!" The screen returned to the picture shown before of the school crest once Monokuma stopped talking.

I groaned and started to sit up, my covers not moving much since I didn't sleep under them.

"Time to start a-" I was cut off with the sound of a doorbell ringing. I stopped moving, not sure where the sound came from at first.

"If the rooms are soundproof," I told myself, "then this must be my room's doorbell?" I shrugged to myself, never thinking about a room having a doorbell, but walked to the door nonetheless to answer it.

I opened the door to reveal Chihiro, looking off to the left, but then back at me once I fully opened the door.

"Oh," she said quietly, "I-I wasn't really sure if you were still in your room or not."

"It's okay," I replied. "What did you come here for anyways, not to be rude."

"Um, well . . . I-I was wondering if you maybe would come to the dining hall with me."

I nodded in response. "Yeah sure thing. I could use something to eat anyways." I moved out of the doorway to my room and close the door, locking it as well. I turned back to Chihiro when I finished and we were on our way, starting towards the left.

After we got to the dining hall and both found something to eat, we sat down at a table. It was silent for a minute or so, but I broke it to start a conversation.

"So. . . ." I began, making Chihiro look up at me. "Why did you chose me to come with you?"

Chihiro lowered her utensils and looked back up at me, a glint of confidence in her eyes.

"Well, you were so polite to me when we introduced ourselves and . . . I felt safe around you."

I blushed a little. "R-Really?" She nodded. "Well, not to be mean or anything but, it's probably not very smart to immediately trust someone in . . . whatever this is."

Chihiro nodded again. "I-I know, but you honestly had this trustworthy aura coming off you when you started talking to me a-and I couldn't really ignore it. N-Now knowing that someone might kill us at any second," -she looked down at her lap- "I-I want to have someone here who I can really trust."

I nodded, kinda shocked she told me this. But, I don't blame her for wanting someone to trust in this big mess we're all in. "I completely understand." Her eyes glanced back up at me. "And I'd be happy to accept your trust."

I looked to my left then back at Chihiro, lifting my right hand. "So does this make us friends?" I asked.

She smiled, lifting her head up all the way and lightly grabbing my extended hand. "Yeah," she said as we shook hands.

After we let go I stood up and grabbed my plate and things, ready to leave. I got rid of them and walked back to the table. "I'm gonna go ahead and go," I told her. "Do you . . . want me to wait on you, or. . .?"

"U-Um," she started, "n-no go ahead. I should be fine."

"You sure? I don't mind waiting."

She shrugged. ". . . Go ahead. I-I'll just go to my room anyways."