Chap. 1 Daily Life Part 3

"Wait," Junko started, "hold on a sec!"

"What's wrong!?" Taka boldly asked.

"What about, uh . . . what's her name? You know, the silver haired girl. Uhh . . . oh yeah, Kyoko!"

". . .What about her?"

"She's not here."

Taka was shocked. "What!?" I took a double take and sure enough she wasn't here.

"I wonder where she went," Hina questioned. "Has anyone seen her?" Everyone shook their heads.

"Wait, so *nobody's* seen her. . .?" Chihiro worriedly asked, hearing soft "no's" from a few people. Could it be she's. . . . No that couldn't be. Could somebody already be ready to get out of here at any cost? Even the unthinkable?

"Darn it, Kyoko!" Taka shouted, his voice booming so loudly I swear someone outside could hear him. "You're really going to be late like this on the first day of school?! Not only is she late, she didn't tell anyone she would be late! A most unbecoming personality trait. . . ."

Junko's eyes widened. "You're being a real jackass right now, you know that?"

"Well what do you want me to do!? Punctuality is everything!

"Now then," Taka continued, slightly softer, "I declared that the first session of the Hope's Peak Academy briefing meetings has begun!"

I then heard someone talk from farther down the table, close to where Makoto and Sayaka were sitting, but I chose to ignore them. If it were something important, they would have spoken louder.

"Okay!" Sayaka said, standing up and getting everyone's attention but she looked at me. "So since you're in the dark about all this (yn), let me lay out what's been going on.

"Everyone split up to investigate different parts of the building, but . . . Byakuya and Taka each went off on their own, and so did Kyoko." I nodded, listening along.

"I wanted to try and find some clues as to who's responsible for imprisoning us here. . . ." Byakuya began to explain. "But unfortunately, I made no such discoveries. That's all from me. . . ." He seemed to be talking to Sayaka instead of me. We must already be off on the wrong foot.

"Really?" Taka questioned. "That's it?"

Byakuya scoffed. "If I'd uncovered anything, naturally I would have more to say. But I didn't. So I don't."

"R-Right, understood. . . ." Taka was obviously embarrassed now.

"What about you Taka?" I asked. "What did you find?"

"Ah yes!" He instantly grew to his normal determind look.

"I spent some time looking around the dormitory, and . . . then I made the discovery of the century! I found out that there was exactly one room for each person!"

"Well yeah, I figured that out before anything else. . . ." Hina pointed out.

"Each door already has a nameplate on it, so I guess all the rooms have been assigned already," Junko added on.

"And each room key was attached to a keychain with the owner's name precision-etched onto it," Sakura said.

This confirmed that the room I woke up in was my room for sure. But, how did I get there? Did someone have to grab my key while someone else carried me? Either way, that's not exactly my biggest issue right now.

"And Chihiro and I found out that all the rooms are totally soundproof," Junko continued.

Chihiro continued on this. "Your next-door neighbor could scream their lungs out, and you wouldn't hear a thing. . . ." That sent a chill down my spine and made me swallow hard. This is for real.