Chapter 3 Daily Life Part 1

~~Your POV~~

My eyes opened slowly and I awoke in a dark room. My eyes needed a second to adjust and when they did, someone spoke to me.

"Glad to see you're awake." I turned my head to the left to see Kyoko sitting in a chair next to me in a purple nightgown. "Good morning."

"Where am I?" I asked back slowly.

"The nurse's office."

"Isn't that place closed?"

"It opened yesturday after the . . . you know." I nodded in response, not wanting her to go on.

"How are you feeling?" she then asked.

"Tired mainly," I replied, ignoring the searing pain in both my arms. "And kind of light headed. How did I get in here?"

"Makoto brought you in here. He woke me up and told me you got hurt, so we both came here to help."

I didn't reply. It wasn't that I 'got hurt', it was intentional. I just didn't know if she knew that or not and I didn't feel like bringing it up.

She looked ahead and I followed her gaze, seeing a door on the other side of the room and a clock above it. "It's already six thirty," she said, mainly to herself, I think. "Do you want to eat when the morning announcement comes on?"

I shrugged. "I guess so, but I wanna change clothes too."

"Of course. Let's go ahead and head to your room."

I chuckled a little. "I can walk myself, you know."

"I do, or hope you can. I promised Makoto that I would be with you until the morning announcement came on or you wake up. He's been very worried about you. Hopefully he actually got some sleep."

I felt terrible for making Makoto worry, but that would've happened anyways if I had just bled out.

"Okay." I started pulling back the sheets on me. "Let's get going."

Kyoko stood up and waited for me to get off the bed. I stumbled a little, since I was a bit dizzy, but managed to walk on my own out of the room and towards my own dorm. Arriving there, I changed into my regular uniform but also put a jacket on over top of it. I wanted to hide the gauze from the others, just so they didn't ask questions. Once I finished changing and left my room, the morning announcement came on.

"I'm going to stop by Makoto's room and update him," Kyoko said after the halls went silent. "Care to join me?"

"No," I told her. "I'm gonna go eat."

"Alright. Don't be surprised if he rushes over to you."

I nodded with a small smile and made my way towards the dining hall, seeing several others enter the room as well.

After I started eating, the doors bursted open to Kyoko and Makoto. He looked happy, but worried as well. His gaze met mine and I quickly looked back to my food.

"Today's count kinda sucks, huh?" Hiro spoke out before Makoto could make his way to me. "Toko and Byakuya still refuse to show up. . . ."

"And I haven't seen Miss Asahina anywhere," Hifumi chimed in.

"She said her stomach was hurting," Sakura explained, "so she's taking it easy in her room for today."

Celeste looked away in thought and placed a hand on her chin. "That is rather unusual for her," she said. "Normally she is so full of energy."

"Which is exactly what makes me worry. . . ."

Kyoko looked at the floor. "So it's just the eight of us, then?" she asked.