Chap. 1 Class Trial Part 2

"Let's begin with a basic explaination of the class trial!" Monokuma began, sitting in his chair overwatching us all. "So, your votes will determine the results.

"If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will recieve punishment. But if you pick the wrong one . . . then I'll punish everyone *besides* the blackened, and the one who decieved everyone else will graduate!"

"And the killer really is one of us, right?" Makoto asked.

"Of course!"

"Okay then . . ." Taka started. "everyone close your eyes, and whoever did it, raise your hand!"

Mondo sighed. "Don't be a goddamn idiot. Why the hell would they raise their hand?"

"Before we move on and started the trial," Kyoko interupted, "can I ask a question real quick?" She glanced to the pictures. "What's going on with . . . those pictures?" I was wondering that myself.

"I feel awful if they got left out just because they died," Monokuma explained in sympathy. "Friendship penetrates even death's barrier!"

Hifumi began to sweat nervously. "Friendship . . . penetrates?"

"Okay," Celeste ignored him, "but what about that other empty seat?" I glanced over at the empty seat I didn't realize was there between Hiro and Hina. "There were only sixteen of us to begin with, so why are their seventeen seats?"

"Oh, no reason," Monokuma dismissed it with the wave of his hand (or paw?). "It's just that our little courtroom here can technically fit up to seventeen people.

"Okay," he continued, "that about does it for the preamble. Get ready to get started! First up is the case summary. Now, let the class trial . . . begin!"

It's happening. It's really happening . I feel scared and sick and nervous all at the same time, but we're doing this because we're forced. Anyone would feel this way if they were in the same situation. It's time to put my knowledge to the test, everyone's life is on the line! Now isn't the time to make a mistake.

"I assert that the one who was murdered was Miss Sayaka Maizono!" Taka started.

Hiro sighed. ". . . Yeah, we know that part already."

"And the murder took place in Makoto's room," Byakuya added to Taka's statement.

"In the bathroom. . . ." Hina continued.

Chihiro tried to jump in as well. "So it seems most likely that . . . the killer must have taken her by surprise while she was in the bathroom." Chihiro teared up a little. "She didn't even have a chance to resist. . . ."

"Just a second, Chihiro," Makoto began quickly. "Try to remember how my room looked. . . ." I too took a little trip to memory lane and got the mental image of the last time I saw Makoto's room. "With the way things had been damaged, I think we can definitely assume there was a struggle."

"A struggle?" I think Chihiro didn't investigate the crime scene, cause she seemed a little shocked. "Between who . . . and who?"

"Between Sayaka and the killer, of course."

"So you're saying . . . Sayaka wasn't caught by surprise in the bathroom. . .?"

"She must have been attacked in the main room first," Celeste joined in, "then she ran to the bathroom to try and hide. The killer followed her in, and that's where they finished the job. . . ."

"That much should have been obvious after taking one look at the scene," Byakuya scoffed. "It shouldn't even need explaining."

"S-Sorry. . . ." Chihiro apologized.