important note

Hi all,

Just wanted to say something quickly since I decided to log on for the first time in all long time. I finally looked at my comments and noticed a lot of people upset about the cast for this book. Specifically in that the chosen cast claim for my main character was very light skinned, considering she is supposed to have brown skin in the book. I've decided to remove the cast— those pictures were selected when I was in middle school and I kept them for years because for the most part they all fit, except for the main character Ruby. The person I had chosen was not the perfect picture of her, but I struggled finding one and as I got older I began putting closer renditions on the cover but I failed to update it in the cast which was my mistake. Honestly it was partly me being lazy and not being able to find someone who I felt really represented her, and that photo had been up for so long in a way it did feel like her though not in the visual sense. Anyways, I've taken down the cast entirely because I like the idea of it being imagined anyways, and I think that's what it should have been from the get go. Sorry for anyone who found issue with the original cast, I see where y'all are coming from and I do take it seriously. I should have changed it a lot sooner, but if I'm being candid I don't look at this book much or update anymore so it was ignored. Not sure if me deleting everything gets rid of those previous comments, but I did look at them and if you want to say anything else just leave another.

Love y'all,
Elle