Alive In The Afterlife - Chapter 1: Goodbye

Elsa stared at the tombstone with Jack, her husband's name is carved into it. She kneeled down and talk to his grave, knowing that he was somehow listening. She placed the bouquet of flowers beside the tombstone.

"I remember when we found out about the arranged marriage. We were shocked and not happy about it. We weren't on good terms. You used to bully me. I was the nerd that you used to bully. Our journey didn't went smoothly but it wasn't as crazy as we expected it to be. A lot of things happened. It feels like we were living inside a book. A book full of cliches. I admit that I expected myself to fall in love in you. I knew that I couldn't resist you. Your attitude. Everything about you."

"When we got married, it felt like I was truly living life. We got this far and I hoped that we will continue with our journey. When our first child, Zack was born, you were crying your eyes out. At that moment, I didn't know if you were happy or sad. Zack was a troublemaker. Just like you."

"He only listens to you. It was funny how he tried to dye his hair white to make it just like yours. Why did you ever have to dye your hair like that? It has been years since that. Our second child, Collette was just like me. She was such an obedient child and my sister spoiled her too much. I remember when she got her first boyfriend. You were so protective that you spied on her when she was on her date."

"Emma, our third child was just like the two of us. She was the first one to get engaged and even have a child. Zack on the other hand have a hard time with maintaining relationships but after a few years, he finally got it. He was married to one of Merida's daughters, Michelle. Collette got married after Zack's marriage with Michelle. I cannot believe how far we've gone. But why did you leave me so soon? We could have left together."

"Now, you've been waiting for me in the afterlife. It as been years since your death. I never expected it nor did you. Life is.....not the same without you." Behind Elsa was her three children which were Zack, Collette and Emma.They hugged their mom upon seeing her cry.

Elsa clutched her granddaughter's hand as she laid down on the hospital bed

Elsa clutched her granddaughter's hand as she laid down on the hospital bed. Her granddaughter, Frostine looked at her grandmother with a sad smile on her face. "Don't leave me, grandma. Don't say that." She said as Elsa forced a smile and squeezed her hand.

"I cannot escape death. The sooner we are able to accept it, the better you'll be able to move on." Elsa said to Frostine whose tears were falling down her cheeks. Emma, the mother of Frostine watched the their conversation. She can't help but join in the party.

"Mom? Don't say that." Emma said to Elsa who let out a laugh before saying, "I can't stay here forever. I don't want to keep Jack waiting. It has been five years." Emma shook her head at the thought of her deceased father. He's dead already so why do you keep talking as if he's alive?

Elsa stared at the white ceiling and sighed. "I'll be waiting for the time where Jack and I will meet again." She glanced at her daughter, Emma and said, "Take care of your other siblings. I don't think I can hold on anymore." Emma sobbed and yelled, "Why are you acting like this?! Are you giving up, mom?!"