18. The Confession

You stand a few metres away from Xukun finding the guts to finally confess your feelings to him. He was 4 years older then you, and you are sure that he didn’t even know you existed, but your feelings were just there no matter what. He was alone, maybe this is the chance to do it.

You slowly walk towards him, fiddling with your fingers nervously. Yes! You were going to do it, you were going to confess your feelings to him. You finally approach him without noticing, and stare at him for a while, then take a deep breath. He looks at you for a while then gives you an awkward smile. 

“I need to tell you something,” you say as quickly as you could have. He gives you a confused look and you feel like you know what he’ll say, but have this hope that maybe you’ll that happily ever after that you’ve always dreamed of. 

“Uh, okay?” he says.

“I like you” the word slowly slide of your tongue. He stares at you with his mouth wide open, no words coming out of his mouth. ‘I knew it, why would he like me?’ you think. You bite you lips out of embarrassment, and see his friends walking towards you slowly. So you just run away. You feel like an idiot, but that was all you could think of; run away.

Timeskip >>>

A week had passed, and you tried your hardest to ignore him and his friends. Every time you hear them laugh, it felt like they were mocking you. You would always see the expression on his face when you went to sleep and you couldn’t get out of your mind what an embarrassment you are. ‘It’s because I’m dark skinned isn’t it?’all these theories creating themselves in your head, regret, so much regret. All you could think about was that.

Your walking through the courts, after staying at school for an extra hour to study for an upcoming test. Little did you know that Xukun was just finishing up with his tennis practise. When you finally spot him, you freeze for a second, and start walking faster. 

“Wait! Ash!” you hear someone shout behind you; Xukun. ‘What does he want?’You force your head around trying to out on a casual face. 

“I like you too,” he says, which astonishes you.

“WHAT?” you reply, saying it a bit too loud, which causes him to laugh. 

“I really like you.”

“Then why didn’t you answer me when I told you?” you barely whisper.

“I was surprised. I get so nervous around you.”

“Wow,” is all you can reply with.

~~~I don't even know myself what the hell i'm doing or writting!~~~