24. Depression/Anxiety

"Xukun?" you asked on your phone, your voice wavering. You could just feel the lump in your throat creeping up because, first of all, even though Xukun was your friend, you always got a little bit nervous when you talked to him, once you had developed a crush on him. And second of all, you were on the verge of tears.

"Hey, Ash. Are you alright? Do you need me to come by your house? Is there anything wrong? Or am I just overreacting?" he said. You could tell that he was obviously worried, just by hearing his tone and his many questions.

"I'm fine. But can you please come over? I think we need to talk..." you stated simply, not revealing too much.

"I'll leave my place in a minute and I'll be over there in as soon as possible. Okay?" You nodded in response, forgetting that he couldn't see you at the moment.

"Thank you." Your voice was barely above a whisper now. Xukun wouldn't get off the phone because he kept wanting to make sure that you were alright. "Dude... I'm okay. I'm just not sure that you'll be if you keep this call on while driving. I need you, though, so please just hang up and come as soon as you can." You had to be the one to hang up, even though it pained you to do so. At the moment, though, it had seemed like it probably would have pained him more.

~ Time Skip ~

There was a knock on your door and you knew who it must have been.

You knew that it was too early for your family to be back. You were home alone while everyone else was out at dinner. Somehow, you had convinced your parents to let you stay home, alone. They said that as long as you didn't party and no one, that you didn't trust, came in to your house, they'd be fine with it and they'd probably let you do it again.

You got off of your bed, which you had ended up crying in, and you started walking down the stairs.

Sweeping your hair out of your face and trying to smooth it out, you went over to the door. You took a deep breath, pulled down both of your sleeves, and put on the best fake smile that you could muster.

As soon as you saw him, you couldn't take your eyes off of him. You didn't even offer to let him in at first. All you did was take in his handsomeness. Blonde hair and Grey eyes; wearing his usual, laid-back outfit that you always enjoyed. It was weird to you how one person could help alter your mood, by even just the tiniest bit.

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" he asked, smiling at you, with a slight blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Or do you want me to pose like a guy model so you can take in my appearance and all of my glory?" he joked.

"Oh, sorry!" you apologized. You gestured for him to come into your house and you shut the door behind him.

"Hey, I hate to do this to you, but... Do you mind if I take a look at what's in the kitchen?" he asked. "I had Basketball practice and I changed, drove over to my house... And that's when you called. Now I'm starving."

"Sure!" you replied with fake cheeriness, going toward the living room. He walked into the kitchen, which had a pretty nice view of the room you were going in. "And I'm sorry. I should have let you stay over at your house." You faked a laugh, which screamed the word "fake", and that gave your whole charade away.

He walked into the living room, where you were about to sit down on the couch. Taking a seat next to you, he turned toward you.

"Ash... What's with all of the apologizing?" Before you could respond, he added, "If you really wanna apologize, don't feel bad about things like those. Apologize for lying to me."

You knew that he wasn't going to let you lie to him anymore so you quit your act and put down your guard. You looked into his eyes and he could see that you were on the verge of breaking so he put his arms up as you crashed into him and wrapped your arms around him, starting to let out your sobs. You cried into his t-shirt and, strangely, he didn't actually seem to mind. He wrapped his arms around you and brought you in even closer to him.