26. Romeo and Juliet

This was the lesson where you were practising the play ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ you were getting paired up with someone to play one of the last scenes in the play, part of you hoped that you would get paired up with your crush Cai Xukun, but part of you knew that you would mess up somehow. 

 "Okay class. As you know we will be pairing everyone up to read Romeo and Juliet,“ Miss BoA says, she opens up a slide on the projector with everyone’s pair. You find your name, paired up with Xukun. And all you can think of now is all the bad possibilities that could occur.

You search the room for him, and your eyes spot each other. You can’t tell if your blushing, or what your feeling. He walks up to you and hands you a script of the play. 

 "So we are doing ACT 2, SCENE 5. Feel free to read the lines outside!”

“Hey Ash,” he smiles, and he searches through the script searching for the page, you do the same, “So I’m guessing I’m Romeo?”

You laugh softly, “No I’m Romeo,” Xukun laughs hard, and his smile is everything to you, “Do you want to go outside?”

“Yeah,” you walk outside the classroom, all alone…quiet, just you and Xukun. 

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?” He reads the first line, then continues through the first long paragraph that he has to read. As he reads, he looks into your eyes.

Ay me!” you read the line you have.

She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art,” he says, its like he’s saying it to you which makes your stomach turn happily, “As glorious to this night, being o'er my head, As is a winged messenger of heaven, Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes, Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him, When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds, And sails upon the bosom of the air.”

You follow the words as you speak in the script, and look up at Xukun. You notice that he is looking at you.

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?” You say, and you notice that Xukun has came so much closer to you. You stare up at him for a while then continue reading.

Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?” He says smiling at you. Then you realise that he’s going to kiss you. You slowly move your lips towards his. All of a sudden you have a whole bunch of doubts, ‘oh no, what if i have smelly breath?’ you think in your head. But when your lips touch, all the doubt goes because right now, its just you and Xukun. 

Take thee at thy word: Call me but love, and I’ll be new baptised; Henceforth I never will be Romeo,” he says when you two separate, “I’m in love with you Ash.”

~~~Aaahhh i always wanted to do a Romeo and Juliet play but now i want to do it with uri Kunkun 😂💓😘 Enjoy IKUNs~~~