27. Your Birthday

It was your birthday and, so far, the day had been terrible. You were up all night with a fever and awoke with a killer headache and a blocked nose. On the bright side, you didn't have to go to school because of your cold. You stumbled to the bathroom and almost jumped at the sight of your ghostly reflection in the mirror. Making your way downstairs, you grabbed a book, tissues, and a blanket, before settling into a spot on the lounge- ready for the long and lonely day ahead of you.

*An hour later*

The doorbell rang and seeing as your mum had left for work, you unfortunately had to answer it. You knew that you looked awful, but everyone whose opinion mattered was at school- and you were beyond caring anyway. Wrapping yourself in blankets, you staggered to the door and opened it to reveal your crush Cai Xukun. He stood there with his backpack, a handful of balloons and a bouquet of roses. Your jaw dropped, and he gave you the most adorable lopsided grin. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH!" he greeted, handing you the flowers.

"T-thanks," you stuttered out, blushing. You couldn't believe that he knew where you lived, let alone that it was your birthday.

"So when I noticed you weren't at school and Zhengting told me you were at home sick, I figured I'd come and keep you company." He looked down shyly, "that is if you want me to"

"Of course," you said almost too quickly. "Come on in," you said, stepping aside. You led him to the lounge room where you had been lying all day. The floor was cluttered with tissues and blankets. "Sorry about the mess," you sneezed, stretching out in your position on the longue.

"Bless you," he smiled, sitting down next to where your head rested. "Oh and Zhengting told me you were sick, so I knew what I was getting myself into before I brought the party to you." He tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear, making your breath hitch.

You laughed weakly, and looked around. "Some party," you teased.

"-Hey,"Xukun defended, "I brought everything we need; movies and ice-cream." He unzipped his backpack and pulled out a pile of your favourite DVDs, as well as a tub of your favourite ice cream. You were shocked.

"How did you-" You started.

"I asked Zhengting what you liked," he told you proudly. "Oh, that reminds me-I got you a little something else." He retrieved a small box wrapped in ribbon from the bag and placed it in your hands. "Happy birthday Ash." You sat up and faced him.

"Xukun," you began, "you didn't have to get me anything."

"I know, but I wanted to," he told you with a serious expression on his face. "Open it, please." You untied the ribbon and opened the box to reveal the most beautiful silver necklace you had ever seen. You were speechless, and Xukun looked at you worriedly. "Do you like it? I can return it if you don't- or swap it for something else if you don't like silver, or-" He mumbled nervously. You covered his mouth with your hand to shut him up.

"Xukun, this is the most gorgeous necklace I have ever seen, but I can't accept it." The necklace would have cost more than your entire savings, you thought as you stared at it longingly.

"Ash, its yours. When I saw it in the store window, I knew that I would not rest until I saw it on you. Can I put it on you" You felt torn. He took the necklace out of your hands.

"But-"

"No buts- its yours now Ash," he whispered. His fingertips lightly brushed against your neck as he pushed your hair away and slowly clasped the necklace into place. "There." he stated. You turned to face him again.

"Thank you," you said sincerely, admiring the necklace you were now wearing.

"Ash, you are beautiful," he said, looking into your eyes.

"From personally seeing my reflection this morning, I happen to know for a fact that's not true. But thanks for the attempt at complimenting me," you said, looking at the ground.

"Ash look at me" he tilted your chin up to face him. "You are so unbelievably beautiful, so don't ever think differently. I actually think you being sick just makes you even cuter," he said honestly. His speech seemed to erase your mind of any logical thoughts, and you did something you would never normally do. You kissed him. And he kissed you back. He grabbed your waist and pulled you closer in a rough yet sexy way. You wrapped your arms around his neck as your lips moved against his in synchronization.

You pulled away reluctantly, despite what you really wanted to do. "You're going to get sick," you told Xukun slowly.

He frowned in thought. "Will you come take care of me when I do?"

"Hmmm, I guess I could make some time for that," you joked.

"Well then it's settled; I don't mind," he smirked. "Now c'mere." He pressed his lips against yours once again and you were thankful to be sitting down because your whole body erupted in tingles. You sighed contentedly.

"You're perfect," Xukun breathed out and you snuggled against him. "Now lets get this party started."

~~~Ohhh look who's back after 80 years babam its me 😂 I wanted to update this chapter on my birthday but unfortunately i couldn't cause i was busy :( but did ya'll see Zhengting's Sheep perf. Goddamn it was really great 😍~~~