Chapter 36

Jake had just thrown a pizza at CC, and then turned acting innocent as it smacked the poor boy right in the face. I laughed as CC spun, looking for his attacker. "Who did it?!" He exclaimed.

    Andy and Jinxx half pointed to Jake with subtle gestures. I grinned as CC went to take his revenge, armed with a second slice. He dunked one down the back of Jake's shirt, smearing the second into his hair.

    I lost it, dipping my head into Ashley's shoulder to muffle the sound. I felt his chest rumble under me. "Scar?" I lifted my head to meet Jace's blue eyes. "Hmm?" I replied, a grin still plastered on my face.

     "Remember that one time our choir teacher showed us Cat's?" I nodded, eye brows raised. "You know who Ash reminds me of?" I shook my head glancing at Ashley who looked even more confused than me.  "Think about it..." I raised my brow further, thinking back.

     Ol' Duderanamy? No... that's the old fat cat. Rum Tum Tugger? Wait wasn't he the one that...."Oh my fucking god! Rum Tum Tugger?!" I said laughing. I looked at Ash and he looked confused as hell. I shook my head and glanced at Jace and he was nodding, chuckling.

    "Who the hell is Rum Tum Tigger?" Ash asked. "Tugger and I'll show you later, just remind me." He stared at me before shaking his head. "Alright, but I won't forget." I chuckled nodding.

    The rest of the night was spent doing stupid dares, food fights and getting to know each other. The fire eventually burnt out and we were currently pulling into my drive. A car was sitting there one I recognized all too well.

     "No..." I whispered from my perch on Ashley's lap. He looked down at me concerned before glancing at the drive. His arms immediately  tightened around me. He glared at the vehicle before speaking.

     "You're not staying here until he's gone. Something doesn't feel right and I don't want to see you hurt." I stared at him, scrunching my eye brows together. "And where do you suppose I stay?" I was too drained to be irritated at this point.

    "With me, that way I know you're safe." I just stared at him. "Ash -" he cut me off. "Scarlet, darlin, it'd help me sleep at night if you were in my arms where I can make sure you're safe in a place I know he can't find you in." I sighed before nodding.

   All attention was on us as we pulled in. Everyone piled out before the man who caused me so much pain jumped out. "Well, seems like you met more queers. And your fagetty band too. How many of them did you sleep with, especially in that outfit." I just stood there numb to the remarks he made to and about me. My Dad's always been like this.

    "Who the fuck do you think you are? Hell, we only just met her and she's one of the sweetest thing I know! What's your problem?" Andy exclaimed. I didn't know how to react.

    Ash wrapped his arms tightly around me, pulling me to his side. I wrapped mine around his as my dad spoke. "I think I'm her father. If you honestly believe she's so sweet you should have heard the things she said to me growing up. My problem is her, she's not only like this," he gestured towards Ash and I. I simply kept my stare. " but she's also ruined my marriage and left me with nothing."

     I decided I should probably join in now. "You're right. I did treat you like shit, but only when you started something. I didn't and still don't take bullshit so when you're throwing knives as words Im not going down without a fight. You were a dick, dumbass, child and whatever else I said. But as far as you and mom, you did that when you hurt everyone else in the family. When your marijuana took over your life and put us in debt, when you busted my door in one too many times, when you yelled at mom and blamed her for one too many things. All of that is on you, not me." It felt good to get that out, so good. All eyes were on me, the girls were clueless as to what was happening and I didn't feel like elaborating right now.

     He charged at me but the Andy and C.C. caught him before he had a chance. "You unappreciative little bitch. It's always about that damn marijuana isn't it?" I shook my head.

    "See that's where you're wrong. I don't have a problem with people who do it, I only have a problem if it becomes your life and/or effects those around you. Now get the hell off my property before I call the cops." I kept my voice calm throughout my speech. He would not get any satisfaction of hurting me.

     The boys put him in his car and shut the door. "Im coming back Scar, you can't get rid of me that easily." He screamed as he started his car and peeled out the drive, disappearing into the cool night air.

      I sunk my head into Ash's chest and he ran his fingers through my hair. "You'll be okay, I wont let him lay a hand on you. Lets go get your stuff." I nodded as all eyes fell on me.

    "Guys, tell those who don't know, there's no way I can hide anything anymore." They nodded as Ash and I headed into my house, packing my things and heading out.