Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Harry’s POV

 On the drive to the park, Ben kept going on and on, telling me all about what he was planning to do once we arrived at our destination.

He was telling me about this game they had made up and they created the park into this fascinating imaginary world. It was interesting listening to him talk about this world that him and his friend made up. 

He told me how each tree in the park had a special use and a certain power, and how the trees on one side of the park were the good ones, and the tress on the other side were the bad ones. It’s always entertaining listening to younger kids talk because they see the world in such a better and different way than adults do.

By the time we arrived at the parking lot of the park, I knew almost everything about this imaginary world, and as we walked up to the park I could somewhat map out everything that he had told me.

I had started moving my head to look around the park for Sam and whoever brought him here, but Ben soon told me that they already knew were they were going to meet up and he grabbed my wrist like he always does and pulled me in the direction that he wanted me to go in.

As Ben continued to pull at my wrist, I soon noticed where we were heading and realized, to my disappointment that it was Bella who brought Sam today once I saw them sitting at a bench. Ben soon let go of my wrist so he could run over to Sam, and he got up from where he was sitting at the bench and the two of them ran off into the main grass area of the park.

As much as I didn’t want to be here with Bella right now, and I was pretty sure she felt the same way. I figured I should at least try to talk to her though because she is Gabrielle’s best friend, so it’d probably be good for me to be somewhat friends with her too, or at least get her to not hate me as much as she currently does.

I walked over to the bench and sat down next to Bella, causing her to scoot away a bit.

“I don’t bite,” I told her, letting her know that it was pretty obvious that she just scooted away from me because I could tell she was trying to do it subtly.

When she didn’t answer me I assumed that she was just rolling her eyes at me and wishing that I would go away.

“So how’s it going?” I asked her, still continuing my attempts to talk to her.

“Do you really care?” she turned to look at me for a brief moment as she asked.

“Yes, that’s why I asked,” I said with a slight laugh.

“Honestly I’d be doing a lot better if you were not here sitting next to me right now,” she snapped.

“Oh, ouch,” I laughed, placing a hand on my chest making it seem like I was wounded when really I couldn’t care less.

“Why are you even talking to me right now?” she asked.

“Why do you hate me?” I answered with a question.

“I asked you a question first, answer it,” she somewhat demanded.

“I’m talking to you to get you to stop hating me,” I told her.

“Well I don’t think it’s working because right now I am developing even more dislike for you, so I suggest you just stop talking to me,” she harshly said to me.

“See I don’t get it, why don’t you like me?” I asked her, hoping that maybe she knows more about this whole feud then Gabrielle did.

“I just don’t,” she answered.