Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Gabrielle’s POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone ringing on my bedside table. This may sound weird, but it felt so good to hear the sound of my phone waking me up after going so long without it. I grabbed my phone off of the bedside table and expected the screen to show me my alarm going off, but instead I saw it was a phone call with Bella’s name written across the screen.

I was obviously a bit surprised yet happy that she was calling me. We may get in our fights, but I hate going a long time without talking to her. I knew she was bound to call at some point though, she waited longer than I thought, but I knew she couldn’t go without gloating to me that she had a date with Harry tonight.

“Hello?” I said into the phone once I pressed the answer button and brought the phone up to my ear.

“Can we just stop being in a fight? Because I hate it and I have something I really want to tell you,” Bella instantly said.

“What do you want to tell me?” I asked with a smile, knowing what she was about to tell me.

“Well it kind of has to do with what we were fighting about, but if you can just for five minutes be a little teenage girl and be excited with me, I’d really appreciate it,” she said.

“Would you just tell me already?” I joked, and she laughed before speaking again.

“I have a date with Harry tonight,” she squealed.

“Really?” I said, trying my best to sound surprised and excited.

“Yeah, I asked him and he didn’t even have to think about it, he just said yes,” I wanted to tell her it’s because he already knew, but it would cause all kinds of problems if I did.

For a little over an hour, I stayed on the phone with Bella while she talked about what she expected for tonight, and what she was thinking about wearing. I honestly for once didn’t mind her nonstop talking. Mostly because I knew what all was going to happen tonight, and I knew that those perfect scenarios she was picturing weren’t going to happen.

I will admit that I did feel a bit bad, she is so excited and thinking everything is going to go perfect, when in reality I know that she’s most likely going to hate tonight. On the other hand, I just think about her reaction when someone told her that they saw me out with Harry, and then she just goes and asks him out, and I feel better.

“Gabi?” I heard Bella say and I snapped back into reality and out of my thoughts.

“What?”

“I asked you if you could get your dad to drive you over to my house since he’s not working and have you help me decide on what to wear for tonight,” she said.

“Yeah, let me just get ready and go ask him,” I told her.

“Okay, call me when you’re on your way,” she said, and then we both said bye and hung up the phone.

I pulled the covers off my body and got myself out of bed. I got myself ready as quick as I could while still looking presentable, and then headed downstairs.

“Hey dad,” I said as I walked into the living room and sat down next to my dad on the couch as he enjoyed his day off.

“Hey Gabi,” he said, eyes still glued to the TV in front of him.

“I was wondering if you could drop me off at Bella’s?” I asked him.

“Yeah, just let me finished up this show,” he told me.