Chapter 81

Chapter 81

Gabrielle’s POV

I had soon gotten tired of thinking about everything that there was for me to think about right now, and I folded my arms on the counter and rested my head. I closed my eyes knowing that if I did fall asleep, Bella ringing the doorbell was going to wake me up since I was only tired enough to have light sleep right now. I was slightly hoping though that I would fall completely asleep and not hear Bella ring the doorbell and just miss practice today.

I wasn’t looking forward to having to face everyone again today, especially since now there were some new conflicts and things I didn’t want to deal with right now. First off I didn’t want to have questions from Bella and her mom about why they didn’t have to pick me up and bring me home yesterday for my skating practice.

I didn’t have to tell them if I didn’t want to, and I would say that I was none of their business, but in a way they had a good reason of wanting to know since they were the ones in charge of getting me to the rink and back everyday. I still didn’t think that is was necessary for them to know though.

The other thing that was making me not want to go to the rink today was the problem with Harry. It was mostly my problem though since he didn’t know that I was upset with him right now. I always hated those girls who were just mad at their boyfriends and they just showed that they were angry instead of actually communicating with the clueless guy who wasn’t sure what exactly was going on. I didn’t expect him to know what was wrong like some girls might in this situation, but I also didn’t want to have to tell him and talk about all this.

I really didn’t know what I wanted to happen right now, I just wanted to him to magically know that I got locked out of my house and that I was mad at him for not listening to me without having to actually talk to him about it all. I guess none of it would really matter though after today. I would just bring those things up as reasons for why I was doing what I was going to be doing today.

I kept my head in my arms and let out a big sigh now that I was going over and remembering everything that I was going to have to do and say to so many people today. Well really it was just two, maybe three people, but the amount of stress it was giving me made me feel like it was a whole lot more. I soon felt myself begin to slowly drift off to sleep, only to be woken up in a jump when I heard a ringing noise.

At first I thought that it was Bella ringing the doorbell, signaling that she was here, but then I realized that the ringing sound had come from my phone, it was my text tone. My first instinct was to think that it might’ve been Bella telling me that she was here since she may have not wanted to bother with getting out of the car and coming to my door since my guess is she was still pretty unhappy with me.

All I had on my mind right now was Bella and her mom coming to pick me up right now that I was a bit surprised when I saw that the text I had received was from Harry. I still didn’t get why he was up right now and the fact tat he had called me and was now texting me meant that he really wanted to get ahold of me. It really couldn’t be that big of a big though because if something drastic had happened it would’ve made a bigger deal of it or left a voicemail or something.

I went ahead and opened up the text and it was just a small greeting from him. I thought about maybe answering him since it was the least that I could do right now consider everything going on right now and what will be happening soon.

I began to type something back to him, but then I stopped, I deleted what I had typed in and set my phone back down on the counter. I wasn't sure what to tell him right now and if I answered him right now he may think that everything between us is okay between us currently and it really wasn’t.

I continued just to stare at my phone for the time being, deciding on what I should do right now, but thankfully I was soon saved from my thoughts once I heard the doorbell ring. I got up from where I was sitting at the counter and I grabbed my phone and skate bag before heading out of the kitchen and to the front door.

I opened up the door and was greeted by Bella giving me a small smile that I could tell was fake and forced, but I went with it anyway and gave her a small smile back before stepping out of the house and locking the front door before going to the driveway to get into Bella’s mom’s car. Bella had already left the porch and gotten back into the drivers of her mom’s car.

“We missed you yesterday,” Bella’s mom told me a moment after I had gotten into the car and she began to back out of the driveway.

I wasn’t exactly sure what to say to that, and I really didn’t want to say anything or talk about it so I just stayed quiet.

“So why didn’t you need us to pick you up yesterday?” she asked me after a few more silent moments had passed.

“I just didn’t,” I answered, and I hoped that maybe she’d catch on that she really didn’t need to be talking about this right now.

I’m Bella had assumed that Harry was the reason they didn’t have to give me a ride yesterday and she had probably already told her mom her assumption and she probably just wanted to figure out if Bella was correct or not.

To my luck the rest of the car ride to the rink was silent so I didn’t have to worry about coming up with anything to say to any of them. I would be the first to admit though that I missed how things used to be on these rides in the car to the rink when all of us would talk about whatever was on our minds.

Bella would be constantly complaining about some project or homework that she had to do for school, or maybe about some clothing item that she wanted, and me and her mom would just roll our eyes at her and tell her how ridiculous she was being.

Her mom and I used to get tired with how much she would complain about the hockey players, but now I would give anything to get back to that place with her because now if she were to complain about the hockey players it definitely wouldn’t be to me, and if it was it wouldn’t be all her sarcastic things she had to say, it would be serious things to let me know about mad she was about all this.

The more I continued to think about how much I wanted my best friend back, the better what I was going to do today sounded, no matter how much it was going to hurt.