Chapter 91

Chapter 91

Harry’s POV

I was thankful that during practice, everyone realized how bad of a mood I was in right now, so everyone including Zack didn’t bother to say anything to me during the time that we were out on the rink. It did kind of surprise me that Zack hadn’t said a word to me though, since it was pretty obvious to everyone now that Gabrielle broke up with me, I figured that he would at least have one thing to say to me, but I was glad that he didn’t for the time being.

I knew he would say something to me at some point once I had calmed down a bit. It was nice to be able to skate on the ice and not have anyone bothering me or trying to make me fall. Zack had stopped doing that awhile go though after he realized that he wasn’t going to get a rise out of me and that I had found ways to avoid it.

After hearing me yell at coach, everyone knew that I was in a bad mood so no one tried to talk to me either unless it was needed as communication for the scrimmage game we were playing. I knew that Zack had to be thinking of some things that he would say to me about the situation, and he would probably say those things to me through out the week.

I couldn’t imagine how bad they would be though. Considering everything he said to me when Gabrielle and I were together, what he had to say to me really couldn’t be that bad. He can’t be as mad now as he was before the break up. If anything I was really just expecting some sarcastic comments about how I finally got rid of her or congratulating me or something like that.

I wasn’t going to let that bother me though. I was worried that it was going to be a bit harder to not let it bother me though considering that I’m a bit more vulnerable now since I’m hurting.

Before I was just too happy with Gabrielle to let what Zack was saying to me affect me too much. Right now what was really bothering me though was what coach had said to me. I couldn’t believe that he had the nerve to say that Gabrielle was just playing me. If she was playing me, I wasn’t sure what her goal was. Me and her being together didn’t affect my loyalty to the team in anyway.

I was still committed to the team and going to practice, I was just missing out on going to the buffet a few times at the beginning of our relationship. I probably would have skipped going to the buffet a few times anyway, because I didn’t feel like I was getting along with everyone on the team very well. If anything, I think me being with Gabrielle made me almost more committed to the team.

She was the first real friend that I got along with that I had at the rink, and she made me want to stay at the rink. I had been considering leaving when I wasn’t making any friends on the team. I knew my mum and my aunt wouldn’t have let me move back to England so soon though. Before everyone on the team knew about me and Gabrielle, I was actually beginning to get along with them all better. Gabrielle knew some of their personalities, and she told me ways to get along with them, and it worked.

So I couldn’t stand that coach told me that she was just using me. Her dad wouldn’t be as mad as he was about Gabrielle and I being together if it was all just a scam. Coach wasn’t in the relationship, he didn’t know anything about it, he hardly knows Gabrielle, so he has no right to say he knows more than I do. In a way the anger was helping improve my playing right now, but it was also distracting me. I had more power when I hit the puck into the goal, and I had more aggression to get the puck so I could hit it there.

As much as it was helping me, it was also affecting me. I had to stop myself from getting to distracted thinking about everything that coach just said to me and worrying about what everyone else on the team was going to say to me. Thankfully I didn’t promise my aunt that I would go to the buffet after practice today, because it was pretty clear that I was not in the mood to go. She told me that she was going to make me start going back at some point, but I chose not to think about that right now.

Once practice was finally over, I was the first one to step off the rink and I walked over to the bleachers. I slid my skates off my feet and shoved them into my bag.

“Look who’s in a hurry to leave,” I heard Zack say.

I should have just wobbled out to the lobby with my skates on so I could’ve avoided him.

“In a hurry to go spend some time with Gabrielle? Oh wait…” he stopped,

“She broke up with you,” he finished and then burst out in laughter.

A few of the guys that were standing near us let out a few chuckles to.

“How does it feel to be dumped by a figure skater? Can’t say I’m surprised though, I knew she would drop you sooner or later,” he snickered.

I tried to control my anger, but I couldn’t hold it in anymore, I was sick and tired of having to hold in it.

“Shut up!” I yelled at him and dropped my back. I grabbed his arm and twisted it back before shoving him onto the ground.

“Harry!” I heard coach say from a distance, and I knew that he had saw me, yet he had no problem with Zack’s crude comments to me.

I picked my bag up and ran out of the rink before Zack go up or before anyone could stop me. I was feud up with the shit everyone was giving me, and the hatred coach was showing only towards me and no one else.

I couldn’t take it, I just couldn’t take it. Zack was lucky I had enough self control left in me not to beat the shit out of him to the point where he wouldn’t be able to say anything else to me because his face would be pounded in.

I ran out of the building as quick as I could and went to the back of the parking lot where my car was. I didn’t want to go back to my aunt’s house right now because I knew I would have to tell her about what happened.

Even if I didn’t tell her right when I got to the house, coach was sure to call her soon and have her talk to me about all this. I decided to drive a bit out of town and find a place to calm myself down because I was done with all this crap and cruelty directed only at me.

I was fed up with it all, and I didn’t want to deal with it anymore.