Chapter 84

Chapter 84

Harry’s POV

After halfway listening to Ben talk for awhile longer, I decided that I should go ahead and get ready for hockey practice which shouldn’t take to long. There really wasn’t that much I had to do to get ready, just the basics like changing and brushing my teeth. Also I always double checked my hockey bag to make sure that I had everything I needed for practice, and I usually did, but I still always had to check.

I decided to bring a change of clothes today though like I used to in case I ended up going to the buffet again today. I knew I most likely wouldn’t because it was my plan to pick up Gabrielle awhile after practice and take her out, but I guess just in case she for some reason couldn’t go out tonight. It felt like it had been forever since I had spoken to her and I had no idea what was going on in her life.

Although after the other day I can’t really blame her for not calling me and telling me since I didn’t do a very good job at listening when she was trying to tell me about some things going on for her. I was hoping that things had gone well with her dad although I wouldn’t be surprised if they hadn’t.

A few times this week I had seriously considered going over to her house at a time when her dad would be back from work and try and talk to him and get him to listen to me. I knew the odds of that happening if I went over there were low though. Gabrielle said that he wouldn’t even listen to her so I bet that if I went over there he’d kick me out the moment that I walked in, not even bothering to hear a word I had to say about why I was there.

I just wanted him to just talk to him for at least five minutes and try to get him to see that I’m not as bad as he thinks I am. I wasn’t here when whatever went down with him and the rest of the hockey players happened so I just couldn’t see why he decided that he hated anyone who played hockey.

I guessed maybe he just didn’t like anyone that was willing to join that team, but in my defense I didn’t know any of them before I joined the team, I just wanted a team to join and they offered so I accepted. I was sure that if he actually got to know me and saw passed the fact that I was a hockey player on the team that he hated, he might actually like me.

Unfortunately I didn’t think I was ever going to know. I hoped that at some point he would at least try and get to know me as a person instead of just judging me by the sport that I play. He could hate me all he wanted to though, but he couldn’t get me to stop seeing his daughter.

It’s basically his fault that he didn’t know about Gabrielle and I in the first place. Gabrielle was too scared to tell him, and he was hardly ever at his house so Gabrielle was pretty much free to leave and hang out with me whenever she wanted. If he would actually be at his house sometimes and spend time with his daughter, she probably would’ve had no choice but to tell him since he’d be there so much, but unfortunately for Gabrielle he is hardly ever there and is always at work.

I understood that he is a single parent and he needed to work, but the times that Gabrielle told me he worked every single day is just too much. Gabrielle told me that he doesn’t even take his lunch break off anymore and I just fail to understand how he managed to do that everyday. I supposed that that could be a reason that according to Gabrielle he almost always seemed to be in a bad mood.

I finished tying my shoe and then got up and grabbed my hockey bag before heading out of my room. I walked through the living room to say bye to my aunt and Ben who were sitting on the couch watching, of course, one of Ben’s little kid cartoons that comes on in the morning. After that I headed out the front door and to my car.

On the drive to the rink I had decided that I was just going to go into Gabrielle’s rink when I got there, not caring about whether Bella was going to be in there or not, that wasn’t of my biggest concern right now. It was killing me knowing that Gabrielle wasn’t happy with me right now, and I just needed to apologize to her.

I was trying my best to get to the rink as fast as I could so I could have plenty of time to talk to her before I needed to get to the locker room or she needed to go since I knew that she had begun to start leaving the rink early to avoid having to see the rest of the hockey team when we all came in earlier than we were really supposed to. I went ahead and parked my car towards the front of the parking lot and then ran up to the entrance.

When I got inside I rushed across the lobby to the rink and stepped inside. I heard the door shutting behind me, and saw Gabrielle and Bella sitting on the bleachers, instantly looking up to me when they had heard the door being opened. I gave Gabrielle a small smile, but she didn’t return it. She just went back to taking her skates off, giving me a few glances as I walked over to her.

“Hey,” I said once I was standing in front of both of them although I was really only talking to Gabrielle.

“What do you want?” Bella snapped at me, and I just kind of looked at her, not sure what to say to that since I wasn’t going to leave.

I wondered if Gabrielle had told Bella about yesterday. I wasn’t sure how it was going for Gabrielle trying to get Bella to forgive her, but then again Bella could’ve just said that because she’s made it clear now that she doesn’t like me.

“Bella do you mind maybe waiting in the lobby for a few minutes, I need to talk to Harry,” Gabrielle said.

Bella let out an obviously annoyed sigh but she did as she was asked and get up from the bleachers and headed out of the rink and into the lobby. I watched until I was sure she was gone and then turned back to Gabrielle.

Considering the fact that she made Bella leave must mean that she wants to talk to me, that and the fact that she said that. I was a bit nervous since I had originally came in here to talk to her and since she had pretty much been ignoring me lately I wasn’t expecting her to be the one to want to start the conversation.

I guessed that maybe she probably just wanted to confront me about yesterday. She still hadn’t said anything to me as she put her skates back in her back and began to stand up, so I took this time to go ahead and start my apology and she could interrupt if she wanted to although I hoped she wouldn’t.

“Look,” I began, “I just came in here to say I’m sorry for yesterday and that I should’ve listened to you when you were talking to me and thinking about other things when I should’ve been listening to you. So if you want I was thinking that maybe later tonight I could take y-”

“I’m breaking up with you,” she blurted out.